Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What small woodland creatures have you hit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Had a near miss with a jackrabbit in Austin, and a Rattlesnake on the taxiway in MLB. (which after notifying ground, the ops people from the airport tore up in a van and killed the rattler for dinner)

I have heard anecdotes of snake strikes and fish strikes at altitude. Apparently the plane scared a bird of prey who dropped his catch.

That would be a good hangar story: "There I was, climbing through 1500, when suddenly..."

Struck and killed a doe with a Cessna 182. Did no damage to the airframe, MLG contacted deer head while in the flare. The airport ops people sure seemed hungry that night...

Back in the RTA days, a crew hit a deer at KHTO. The kingair's front was pretty damaged. Apparently, the deer got up, flipped them off, and ran off into the woods (where it probably died). It was one of those Long Island new yorker deer with an attitude.

As a Greyhound bus driver...

I've hit
1 coyote, 2 birds,1 rabbit

(I lost count of the bugs though)

Sorry!

Hit a coyote/dog in CLT. Airport ops went out to identify and all they found were "chunks"

cranked a bird on short final in LaCrosse, and damn near cranked a red fox up in GFK

Latest resources

Back