Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What small woodland creatures have you hit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"What small woodland creatures have you hit?"

I hit on a gate agent in Wisconsin, woodland yes,,but I could not find a small one!

I almost hit a gofer tortise with a student once. Good thing he had a rough landing and we bounced over it. It would have done some dmage

Well its not a woodland creature, but me and my buddy were playing the "you cant scare me" game in a 152 over a big lake in central FL and we came about a foot away from hitting a fish that was jumping out of the water. Would have been hard to explain fish guts in the cowl.

see my name

also, numerous birds and a turtle.

hit a bird on my very first flight..what are the odds of that?

dk

me and my buddy were playing the "you cant scare me" game in a 152 over a big lake in central FL

I love it, I don't see how anything bad could happen playing this game in general, much less while being close enough to the water that you almost hit a fish! A FISH!

On another note, the craziest thing I've hit was a tumbleweed in igm, az. I also almost hit our airport dog that found a hole in the fence and liked to chase the airplanes, but thankfully missed her and brought her back to the office. I have harvested a fair amount of geese in the dash (5 I believe, 3 in one shot), but birds are not very interesting.

a friend hit a big deer in upper Michigan about five years ago in the SAAB right at V1. Luckily they kept it on the ground. It Freaked up the nose and left engine was tore completely off its mounts. It stayed on the A/C by only the cowling and wires. Two blades were destroyed and the other two stuck in pos. pitch (unfeathered). UGLY!!!

Another friend (now at SWA) actually lost the entire Right engine on a Metro, but I can't remember if that was a deer.

I hit a pheasant once. Brought it home, plucked it, threw it in a pot and had it for dinner.

Delicious.

Creatures from the wild!!

I hit a Pigeon on short final @ STP in a C-310R... It went threw the left prop, the birds wing was in the prop hub, then the rest of it hit the left main landing gear! What a mess...

I also hit a Vulture in a PA-44 while @ ERAU on my multiengine check ride, on the take-off roll!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back