Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What small woodland creatures have you hit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hit a bat out over the Atlantic on one of those 30 mile finals into JFK in the CRJ. Still had part of the wing left in the nose gear when we got to the gate.

I hit a deer while landing in Sault Ste. Marie in a saab a few years back and completely destroyed the #1 engine. To this day it's the only deer I've ever bagged.

I'm still trying. Me and some buddies used to gang up on coyotes in west texas as a two ship and chase them until they couldn't run anymore if we saw one on a low level run to get a burger. Couple of months ago I saw a coyote lapping up a dead bird at an uncontrolled field I was entering the pattern to. Threw it into a steep bank and descent and kept the power in until lined up and got it firewalled with about 400' to go. Skimmed him about five feet off the ground right at redline without him having a clue and pulled up into a chandelle. Never saw the coyote again after he went under the cowl. I'm still looking to get a jackrabbit painted on the cowl.

Amost hit a gator in ocala in a cessna. It was sun bathing and did not see it until the last second.

I can't believe I nearly forgot this...

Almost hit two ostriches (yes, i said ostriches) in Lakeland, FL about 9 or 10 years ago. Not exaclty what you are expecting at 12 midnight in Florida.

Latest resources

Back