Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What small woodland creatures have you hit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
beaver

Really? You too? Hit me a shaved one, once.

But seriously, I hit a wild boar with a cessna. I may have run over a groundhog with a Dash 8... It was on takeoff so I couldn't go looking for the body.

I hit a rabbit taxiing for departure in a Bonanza, and almost hit a large tarantula that same day taxiing in to the ramp.

I would have hit Bambi once, thank goodness my aircraft had a Wildlife Detection System (WDS) installed:

"Too Low Deer"

The wierdest was a woodchuck. I've only seen two in my life and I ran over one:smash: .

We ran over a groundhog in a Turbo Commander. The plane had a camera door installed in the belly and only had about 8" clearance. The little bugger went down the left side less than a foot from the nosewheel.

No way we could have missed it. We reported it to the tower right away; the airplane following us on final said they saw something scurry off the side of the runway behind us. To this day I don't know how he was able to flatten himself enough for us to miss him.

I hit a fox once while landing at night in Traverse City, MI. Apparently it wasn't killed outright by the collision and managed to limp off into the woods before anyone could find it.

Latest resources

Back