Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What payrate will you fly the Q400 for? (colganites)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me just start first by saying that we do not have Q400's! However, our management at Comair has a hard o... er, intense desire, for that plane. They have been talking about them for over a year now, and they included rates for that plane in the imposed work rules that are going to go into effect tonight at midnight. This is not 100% set as of yet, but I have them in print in front of me...

CA 1st yr: 48.72 5yr: 55.82 10 yr: 64.71 18 yr (max): 78.11
FO 1st yr(all equip): 21.00 2nd yr: 31.50 5 yr: 36.60 9 yr (max): 38.25

now, with those gems posted, we can only train so many people at once so some of you may have to wait to get on here.

Like I said...this is not 100% official, but I have the printed "contract" in front of me as we speak. We'll see what the real terma are today or tomorrow at some point. If, and I mean IF they are any different, I will post them.

Last edited:
Let me just start first by saying that we do not have Q400's! However, our management at Comair has a hard o... er, intense desire, for that plane. They have been talking about them for over a year now, and they included rates for that plane in the imposed work rules that are going to go into effect tonight at midnight. This is not 100% set as of yet, but I have them in print in front of me...

CA 1st yr: 48.72 5yr: 55.82 10 yr: 64.71 18 yr (max): 78.11
FO 1st yr(all equip): 21.00 2nd yr: 31.50 5 yr: 36.60 9 yr (max): 38.25

now, with those gems posted, we can only train so many people at once so some of you may have to wait to get on here.

Like I said...this is not 100% official, but I have the printed "contract" in front of me as we speak. We'll see what the real terma are today or tomorrow at some point. If, and I mean IF they are any different, I will post them.
If those rates are for real, you guys should be RACING for the organization ballots.

What a joke. All-new industry low for pay. :(

These are the rates that the company is going to impose on us. As I understand it, our MEC will not put rates on the table for a plane that the company does not even possess. I have no idea where they would stand on those rates. I would assume average plus something.

At Island Air, being ALPA, we got no where near Horizon(Teamsters) rates for the -400. And ALPA was happy about the rates we did get. Island air was bidding for this flying also and lost to you guys for a reason, and our -400 planes are gone.
Good luck getting a decent scale.
And prepare for them to show up maxed out at 78 seats. Ours did after rates were negoatiated for a 74 seater.

Latest resources

Back