Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What payrate will you fly the Q400 for? (colganites)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To sum up the previous posts, even though your skanky management got the Regions Air flying in WV, you were the low bidders and you are screwed...management will almost never live up to their word. Anywhere-they leave themselves outs. There was discussion of that at regex-"yeah, we're looking at the industry standard"-that's why thier CA's are getting $33/hr on the Saab (fully $12/hr below industry standard for the seniority the saab ran) with no raises...none, zero raises built into the program...

You're screwed...welcome to the club!

not to hijack my own thread but mesa underbid us. The communities didnt like MESA's (air midwest) service record and wanted Colgan. Nothing to brag about but we wern't the lowest bid.

That's exactly right. I made almost $75,000 my 4th year at PCL. How did I do that? By crediting over 1,200 hours for the year, blocking in the high 90's every single month with only about 12 days off average (not by choice, but by line value averages in the mid 90's and one or to Junior Assignments or Extensions each month).

When PCL opened up the street CA deal (twice), they had NO problem finding enough "qualified" applicants, even prior to 9/11.

If you don't have enough guys who will bid CA on it, they'll just hire off the street. Kaman is right; best thing you can do is get yourselves organized. Even if you don't vote in ALPA (who has the deepest pockets from which to fight so is probably the best bet but ANY representation would be better than none), you NEED to be represented, just to protect yourselves.

Good luck,,,

horrible practice of perenially understaffing. that is the type of thing that breaks marriages and families.

As for hiring street captains, not because of unqualified internal candidates, but because of substandard payrates, i can see that happening.

The rumor is that becaue the plane is brand new on property they would want guys with 121pic experience flying them for insurance. what regional would they be able to pull captains from to fly these things for 50 and hour?

As for the earlier comment from the xtr, sorry man. Continental is really showing that Cost is job one. The margins in this industry are so slim that they will do the very very least and keep the passengers paying.

It was miserable, didn't even have enough time off to enjoy the extra cash (5 days on, 2 days off sucks).

Yes it does....

horrible practice of perenially understaffing. that is the type of thing that breaks marriages and families.

Yes it does... an managmeent doesn't care about your home life. Need time off to

Get married?
Close on a house?
Go to a funeral?

These are all life events that you are expected to do on your own time.... provided your are not junior manned or extened...

We shouldn't accept any less than 28/hr FIRST YEAR FO, and 55/hr FIRST YEAR CAPT pay. Up the scales from there, by 3 or 4 dollars an hour.....
Any less and we look like a bunch of retards.
DO NOT ACCEPT ********************TY PAY JUST BECAUSE A PLANE IS COOL. That's one of the reasons this industry is going down the tubes.....st00pid kids wanna fly fer nothing.

You don't get to accept or decline anything.. You have to take what they give you.

not to hijack my own thread but mesa underbid us. The communities didnt like MESA's (air midwest) service record and wanted Colgan. Nothing to brag about but we wern't the lowest bid.

Yeah, that makes sense since they bid it with 1900's. I sit corrected. Regex used to be able to do that to because of their high completion factors...times change, don't they?

Yes it does... an managmeent doesn't care about your home life. Need time off to

Get married?
Close on a house?
Go to a funeral?

These are all life events that you are expected to do on your own time.... provided your are not junior manned or extened...

You think mgmt will care if you divroce because you haven't seen your first born in 2 weeks because you keep getting extended and JM? No, they'll tell you this:

"Well, please don't hestitate to go ahead and use our industry leading medical plan and see a shrink and come back all healthy, 'right? BTW, if you need to take time off, we'll have to dock your pay from guarantee though..."

This goes very well also with our industry leading 401k, pay scale and commitment to safety, commitment to communication. Basically, we're the best, but we get paid just a tad bit below average.

there are many captains that have been contacted about what rates they would fly them for. Most would not leave their current position for any less than a certain rate. I believe that if their rate isn't hight enough they will be hard pressed to find any captains to take the transition.

You think PT the Clown cares about that? Like PT would ever pay those Captains what the Captains think is fair. Just look at the ongoing negotiation with Pinnacle pilots and PT (+ management), and you will see PT won't give a fark about employees.

Last edited:
You will do what you are told to do. There will be no sort of negotiation, and will be told to fly them for xxx rates or get the hell out the kitchen. Plain and simple...no contract = no pay.

we'll see. an we'll find out shortly i am sure. then we can say what ever we want. i have a feeling, and i may be wrong that we will get an acceptable (by no means industry leading) rate proposed to us.

Latest resources

Back