• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What now for Mesaba?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's amazing how fast Delta whipsaws us against each other.

What's even more amazing is how we (who are supposed to be so damn intelligent) keep letting them.

So what's going to happen now at Mesaba with Delta taking away 10 of the 15 promised 900's?
Are you guys looking to furlough, displace or are you guys going to be ok? Did they already hire all the people for the 5 CRJ 900's?

????????????

It was just a few weeks ago someone from Mesaba was gloating about getting all those 900's. It's amazing how fast Delta whipsaws us against each other.
I wouldn't be suprised if they were awarded to someone else before this is said and done with!!!

It's my understanding that it's not about whipsawing. It's all about the bottom line. The flying recently awarded went to the lowest bidder with conditions that most regionals couldnt live with and walked away from the table. Maybe it's the desperate that's taking the flying and I'm not refering to the ASA award.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that it's not about whipsawing.

Honest question.....where would that understanding come from? Have you engaged in lengthly conversation with the executives of Delta and the connection carriers regarding this?

Pilots will always be the victim of management shell games so long as we continue to believe that we have it all figured out.

It's my understanding that it's not about whipsawing. It's all about the bottom line. The flying recently awarded went to the lowest bidder with conditions that most regionals couldnt live with and walked away from the table. Maybe it's the desperate that's taking the flying and I'm not refering to the ASA award.

You couldn't be, ASA is not the cheapest by a long shot right now!

Trojan

Last edited:
Heard today that JR (DO) and DW (CP) came throught the Training Department and told the FTIs to expect to be "forlughed." Mesaba like to use the "F word" when it sends all of its union instructors back to the line. This could be ugly as there are numberous instructors with phantoms awards on the 900.

Not likely that most would be at risk of furlough. Perhaps being releaved of their instructing position and returned to whatever phantom position they hold to fly the line again but most FTI's are quite senior (to the point that we could pull all the jets and they'd still not get furloughed).

You don't know who is the "cheapest." That's the thing. ASA may have submitted the lowest bid to fly those aircraft, in which case they may make the smallest margin or loss to fly them. What the pilots take home and what the company charges to fly the aircraft are independent.

And why were the 900s removed from Freedom? The lowest cost of all DCI.

Latest resources

Back