• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is wrong with me

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I sent a resume about a month ago and recieved an app 2 weeks later. It must be the resume or cover letter. I had no letters of rec, only t-prop time, and college is finished for me. Lucky i guess or maybe they like freight drivers.

Dude, there must be more to your story if NutJets won't even give you a look. My buddy that flies for them tells me that if you'd be willing to live in one of their 5 prison camps, the only qualification you need is a pulse.

I wish there was. I have a clean record no failed checkrides (disease and drug free) and I would be willing to go to any "prison camp" they desire as stated on the cover letter. I guess I will change my name to Derinda's favorite actor or something??????? Oh yeah and I am a freight driver but I gotz custy skills fo shizzle

I wish there was. I have a clean record no failed checkrides (disease and drug free) and I would be willing to go to any "prison camp" they desire as stated on the cover letter. I guess I will change my name to Derinda's favorite actor or something??????? Oh yeah and I am a freight driver but I gotz custy skills fo shizzle

Flagship,
Do yourself a favor and never listen to Bogart, he has a case of W2 envy that is tough to cure. Plus he is a bit of a jacka$$. Other then that he is a swell guy.

Have you put in at Citation Shares, they are hiring and the folks there seem very happy! Keep trying, it is worth it! Fracs rule!

i guess or maybe they like freight drivers.

No solid evidence here, but I agree that it certainly seems that way. I fly for a large freight dawg operation and I've yet to meet someone who submitted a resume that didn't get an application. And I've known very few people to interview and not get the job - and of that handful, most were still flying the Barons and didn't have crew experience yet.

Doesn't help you much at this point, I'm just adding this here to help a CFI aspring to NetJets to plan the next step of his/her career. Don't rule out freight out of hand, there are a lot of benefits to doing it.

Right now, they really like anyone willing to based at CMH, PBI, DAL, LAX or TEB, regardless of whether or not they are freight dogs, regional rejects, grey-haired airline retirees or whatever. From talking with an interviewer recently, they are finding that the well is drying up, at least for good, qualified candidates.

Nothing says "Hire Me" like the guy who drives his AMC Pacer right up to the door of Fractional Company XYZ and tells the receptionist to call the biggest boss in the building cause you wanna introduce him to his next pilot!!

Try it and tell me Im wrong. You gotta have big cahones my brotha!

Another thought. I am in the process of finishing up my degree online and was wondering how I should represent that. Are companies happy to see you are finishing your degree or do they view it as something that would take away from your time to study during ground school and such? I will be done in about 6 months. Just wanted some opinions. Getting sorta desperate with my job going away in a few months but just hate to have to make another lateral move.

Sounds like it is definitely your lack of a college degree. There are a couple of options.

1. Buy a degree online. Not recommended.

2. Wait six months and add it to your resume.

3. Put something along the lines of :

BBA Aviation Management, Generic University,
Estimated June 2007 (in process)

Latest resources

Back