What is wrong with me

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flagshipper

I am going on a year now of applying for fractionals with no luck. I have 3500 total 2000 multi both 121 and 135, 2000 turbine currently fly a turboprop PIC 135, have 400 actual ifr. I am not saying I deserve the job but just wondering if I have one small thing that maybe is turning everybody off. I have a decent resume but can't even get an application from Netjets. I have 90 hours college credit so maybe that is a factor I guess. Just wanted some advice because I know there are several people with my time getting at least applications and interviews. Maybe I need a shower or something???? Oh well....

Letters of Recommendation. At least one from a current NJ pilot and if possible more than one. It's still apparently a big deal, although that might not last if the pool of people willing to be based in the big five starts to dry up.

It sounds odd that you haven't been contacted. You should send NJA another resume. Maybe it just got lost in the shuffle.

I would suggest submitting another resume with an e-mail asking politely if there's anything you can do to make yourself more competitive. NJA shot my first resume down because my medical was more than six months old and I had been fired from a job ten years ago, with no explanation attached. They were more than happy to explain when I wrote to ask why. Submitted a current medical and a letter, and it was accepted right away.

Most companies do have a college degree requirement, so if you have only 90 hours, that might be your problem. Even if they don't specifically require it, you'll be one of the only people without one, so it will be tough to be competitive.

Additionally, your flight time is a little below average for my company. With retired airline captains filling a lot of new hire slots, competitive minimums are much higher than what is posted. That isn't to say that some lower time people don't get hired.

Another thought is to go to a job fair and sell yourself face-to-face. I didn't get a reply until I made the job fair rounds.

If it is what you really want, keep trying!

I agree that letters of rec would probably help here. You need to go out and network - even though that can be difficult for some.

Another thought. I am in the process of finishing up my degree online and was wondering how I should represent that. Are companies happy to see you are finishing your degree or do they view it as something that would take away from your time to study during ground school and such? I will be done in about 6 months. Just wanted some opinions. Getting sorta desperate with my job going away in a few months but just hate to have to make another lateral move.

I have a decent resume but can't even get an application from Netjets.

Dude, there must be more to your story if NutJets won't even give you a look. My buddy that flies for them tells me that if you'd be willing to live in one of their 5 prison camps, the only qualification you need is a pulse.

Or if you can felatio bogart you can go to CS.

Looks like you have a choice.

Latest resources

Back