• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the type rating of a B-717?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"They have a lot in common...the same windows, fuel switchs, window handle, yoke and tiller........... "

Not quite. Different yoke, but same leaky windows.

FLB717 said:
They have a lot in common...the same windows, fuel switchs, window handle, yoke and tiller........... Thats about it.
Thats a pretty accurate assessment.

The fuel switches are different in design and functionality. In design the DC-9 had the mechanical "levers" with locking push button pins, and they actually introduced fuel when you move them up.

The 717 fuel switches are actually locking "switches" that have warning lights in them and all..... wow... science! In auto ignition during a "normal" start they do not, however, actually introduce fuel. They simply request that fuel be introduced and the EEC's and other gee whiz toys decide if you get fuel or not.

Same old archaic window handles, and leaky windows.....LOL!

No more questions..... I need to dump all this DC-9/B-717 information since I'm off training for the B-737.

Last edited:
No window handles in the DC-9, unless you're talking about the state of the art latch handle.

They did a great job of improving a great airplane.

The anti-ice system was completely dumbed down to pilot level. Engine fire detection system simplified also. Nearly identical flight controls (cable/pullys), Auto-throttles, EGPWS, Predictive windshear, lots of extra power if you need it, a fraction of the memory items/ limitations and worlds most uncomfortable pilot seats.

Last edited:
-9Capt said:
No window handles in the DC-9, unless you're talking about the state of the art latch handle.
We're talking cockpit window handles... right. Its been several years, but I remember them being identical.

Which handles are we talking about?

I thought you were talking about the grab handle above each pilot window, my bad.

I meant the Electric Fuel Pump SW.

FL717 said:
Thats a pretty accurate assessment.

No more questions..... I need to dump all this DC-9/B-717 information since I'm off training for the B-737.

FL717,
I hate when people come here and brag about all the crap they get to fly. Man it gets old. I’ll send you my regards from KHYS or KSLN or one of the other exotic places I get to go. Bye the way don’t forget to call me Mr. Big Shot 737 captain, can I have your autograph. Ok I’m done busting your ba!!s. See yeah.

singlespeed said:
FL717,
I hate when people come here and brag about all the crap they get to fly. Man it gets old. I’ll send you my regards from KHYS or KSLN or one of the other exotic places I get to go. Bye the way don’t forget to call me Mr. Big Shot 737 captain, can I have your autograph. Ok I’m done busting your ba!!s. See yeah.
LOL! Thats because you never answer your d*mn cell phone! Besides you already have your 737 type so shut the he!! up.

Doesn't the wife have some chores for you.... like fixing that old burnt up TV of yours?!!

Latest resources

Back