• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the SWA 1, 2, 3 rule?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1 pairing consisting of 2 Lubbock overnights 3 times a month. A Delta guy told me this on a Lagos layover last month.

That's actually pretty funny that someone would make that dumb statement while on a layover in Lagos. I've never understood why General and SOME overly inflated egos at Delta think that they are so cool because they layover in some of Africa's finest "garden spots." I would take a layover in Lubbock rather than Lagos ANY day! I don't care what compound you get to "hold-up" in Lagos, you can still lose your life very easily on the drive to and from the airport!

SW pilots get paid as well or better to layover for 12 hours in CONUS and Delta pilots have to fly 13-15 hours away to layover in 3rd world countries. I must be missing the comparitive advantage of the latter. Hmmmmm... Lubbock sounds nice!

Just my opinion, which doesn't matter, after being in many 3rd world countries and other "garden spots" for layovers. By the way, I know many Delta pilots that are very humble and great people; That is why I put "SOME" in my statement.

Sweet African dreams,

PtP

Last edited:
Its 1 boy, 2 boy, 3 boys...."ok, we have all the flight attendants..lets go!"

That's actually pretty funny that someone would make that dumb statement while on a layover in Lagos. I've never understood why General and SOME overly inflated egos at Delta think that they are so cool because they layover in some of Africa's finest "garden spots." I would take a layover in Lubbock rather than Lagos ANY day! I don't care what compound you get to "hold-up" in Lagos, you can still lose your life very easily on the drive to and from the airport!

SW pilots get paid as well or better to layover for 12 hours in CONUS and Delta pilots have to fly 13-15 hours away to layover in 3rd world countries. I must be missing the comparitive advantage of the latter. Hmmmmm... Lubbock sounds nice!

Just my opinion, which doesn't matter, after being in many 3rd world countries and other "garden spots" for layovers. By the way, I know many Delta pilots that are very humble and great people; That is why I put "SOME" in my statement.

Sweet African dreams,

PtP

Somebody get the defibrillator......this is gonna give GL the big one.

Clear!

Latest resources

Back