Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I just want to know if the East has deactivated the Critical Incident Response Team yet ????

You do remember that they activated it when Nicolau was published?

When my corporate job was looking shaky

No

The one that is going to staple United to the bottom of our list. Just a joke fellas, keep your g strings straight.

So you'd rather be independent? Did you vote to keep ALPA out?

You REZ? Work, ALPA background and I'll take an answer about those National pay scales I posted some time back to your response that my information was false.

Fourth ALPA carrier. volunteered at every carrier.

You insist of believing that ALPA National salaries, really only the President, are the source of your misery. I told you Prater said he would accpet the comp-package the BOD provided..whatever it was.. you disagree.

The Prez comp package is voted on via democracy. You think there is backroom deals...

We agree to disagree...

Do you have issue with the three VPs salaries?

Funny thing about my Dad. Today, if you had him and a scab in the same room, they would be talking about the same bitter complaints about ALPA.

Funny.... they probably would never mention Frankie Smooth Talk.... or GWHB..... why is that?

You insist of believing that ALPA National salaries, really only the President, are the source of your misery. I told you Prater said he would accpet the comp-package the BOD provided..whatever it was.. you disagree.

The Prez comp package is voted on via democracy. You think there is backroom deals...

Point of information:

Prior to the 2002 BOD, the ALPA Presidents salary was calculated based on the highest 6 ALPA carriers....After 911, the 2002 BOD changed the formula to the highest 3 ALPA carriers because of paycuts....and as of yet Delta and NWA hadn't taken them yet.....Along with Fedex, it was possible to keep the salary high by using the 3 highest, rather than the 6 highest.....

One of the BOD members on the compensation committee was HH from America West.....He was opposed to changing this formula, and he eventually lost his position because he didn't play political "ball".....

Back room deals are political realities.....and ALPA is very political.....

Turtle,

Unbelievable. Your posts are so hypocritical ...

How so?!

I notice that the NMB has a process that we all are following. And ya know I believe in "process".

I find that when a disinterested third party offers their unbiased process, the end result is always a fair and equitable resolution.

I know, I know, there are always some irrational fringe groups that try to stir the pot but in the end cooler heads prevail and make a process work out for everyone's best.

The pendulum always gravitates to the center.

Silly Lucy... She thought that she would always have Charlie Brown around to play football.

Not to interupt all of you but............

I just want to point out, all this usapa crap is not about ALPA. usapa just wants to screw the AWA pilots. Period.

They are just guising it in all this ALPA crap to cover the true motives, and you guys are helping them by debating all the particulars.

I repeat, this is not about ALPA. It's simply about screwing the AWA pilots to cover the sense of entitlement the usair pilots have.

elaborate

.....in his own words......

Back in 2002, when I was AWA MEC Chairman, I was automatically a member of the ALPA SCRC (Special Compensation Review Committee) that sets allowances and other disbursement rates for the National officers. The other members of the committee, the MEC Chairmen from ACJazz, COMAIR and DAL, elected me chairman of the committee.

In mid May 2002, we were handed an already written series of ALPA Constitutional amendments that would have dramatically increased the special compensation of all the National officers, Woerth and Attarian. We did not know about the Matt Kernan deal. The package was given to us by ALPA General Manager, Jalmar "$400,000/yr salary" Johnson.

The four of us read and collectively rolled our eyes. It called for an increase of allowances from $96,100 to $125,200. And it codified the "Jerry Mugerditchian Rule," which allowed Matt Kernan to become the highest paid regional turboprop pilot in the world (total compensation package at about $200,000).

We were all aghast and spent a considerable amount of our time just reducing the increases. But I was recalled (with ALPA monitoring the recall meeting with two ALPA VPs and the two top ALPA attorneys) less than 10 days before the 2002 BOD. That's a long and sordid story in itself.

And to make a long story short, once I was ousted and not allowed to make the presentation of the SCRC at the BOD, somehow the SCRC proposal that came out of committee reverted to approximately what Jalmar Johnson presented to us five months earlier. I doubt if a single BOD member had a clue what he/she was voting on.

And so it goes.

xxxx xxxxxxx
AWA

Comments?

(4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

USAPA will work for BK wages forever just to spite the nic award. Option 4 fits like a glove as far as I'm concerned. A vote for USAPA is signing a scab card.

Maybe an "East" pilot can chime in here...but the wages they are working for today...are in fact, union wages...negotiated by ALPA.

I was listening to a PSA pilot rage on how alpa did this and Alpa did that. But when asked why he allowed his LEC rep to do that, he responded "I didnt vote for him as a matter of fact only 23 votes out of a possible 400 were cast for him." He continued, " But you will see, cause the day after the Nick Decision over 2000 pilots submitted cards to remove alpa from the propert"... As I looked on in amazment I had to ask, Hey imagine what kind of progress and pension you would have had if you and the other 1999 pilots decided to participate in their union.. Rest assured USAPA wont get you what you need or want because the USAir pilots will continue to stand by and watch their careers pass by.

As a matter of fact, SO WILL MOST OF THE OTHER AIRLINE PILOTS..

Get off your butts and get in the game.

Webster defines a scab as"

3 a: a contemptible person
b (1): a worker who refuses to join a labor union

(2): a union member who refuses to strike or returns to work before a strike has ended

(3): a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike

(4): one who works for less than union wages or on nonunion terms

USAPA will work for BK wages forever just to spite the nic award. Option 4 fits like a glove as far as I'm concerned. A vote for USAPA is signing a scab card.

You speak of Unionism as the utopia of aviation labor. a benchmark of what all should strive for. If that is ALPA, it misses the mark. USAPA may not be perfect, but is sure focuses on the right thing, the pilot, not the organization.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back