What is the status of Delta not allowing Non-CASS Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First, its "their" jumpseat policy.
Second, you get what you pay for. And I don't think having unlimited jumpseats with companies like LUV and UAL, is all that bad! But with 850 hours, I don't see you having to do much jumpseating.

I apologize about the Delta comment. In a way it is good if Delta does not allow non-Cass participants. It takes away the free loaders who won't pay for the system, ie Airtran. Frankly, I have no sympathy for those guys considering they charge 25 bucks to ride but won't even have the CASS system. Yes, it is there policy and as you pointed out, they are getting what they paid for. Nothing, no jumpseats. What a bunch of free loaders.

Last edited:
First of all, who said anything about ALPA? I work for AirTran, no ALPA around here.

2nd, we tried working with our company and they bent us over a barrel. Didn't work, they didn't play fair, now we don't play fair. Some of us don't like being taken advantage of, you don't seem to mind.

3rd, I was on the -9 years ago when I came up with my user name, on the 717 now and I'll happily stay on it till I retire. $154/hr, $16K addt'l in B-fund contributions, with a new contract in the works, I could be doing worse, I could be you.

There ya go -9Capt. You are King of the World!!!! Bragging about wages that were bottom barrel a few years ago.......good luck to you and your stellar 717 career!!!

It's Official - - - You're our newest Idiot!

I don't know what is worse, Delta and there jumpseat policy towards Airtran or Airtran's 25 fee to jumpseat. Thank god I don't have to ride on either of them.

If you don't know the difference between a jumpseat ride and a walk-up pass, you probably need to stay in the galley, lav-sucker.

Instructordude,

I'm guessing by your posts you have little knowledge of the history of Delta's or AirTran's JS policies. So you might want to leave this thread for one where you can type more intelligently.

Tranny guys, quit takin the bait.

Out.

I apologize about the Delta comment. In a way it is good if Delta does not allow non-Cass participants. It takes away the free loaders who won't pay for the system, ie Airtran. Frankly, I have no sympathy for those guys considering they charge 25 bucks to ride but won't even have the CASS system. Yes, it is there policy and as you pointed out, they are getting what they paid for. Nothing, no jumpseats. What a bunch of free loaders.

Freeaaking AAAAAAAAYYYYYY Duuudes! Da Silly Ole Chuckie Yogurt Trix Wabbit done be changed hiz name and be back on dat ole Flightinfo. Duude, you be like changing yer login stuff more dan you be changin yer tighty whities and stuff!!!!!!!

Dude, why you put you gots only 850 hours duuuude? Cmon Chuckie, give yerself a Capn title and stuuffff!!!!

There ya go -9Capt. You are King of the World!!!! Bragging about wages that were bottom barrel a few years ago.......good luck to you and your stellar 717 career!!!

Certainly not bragging, just pointing out that I could be doing worse.

I'll be the first to admit, while not the worst, our contract is nothing to brag about either. Nice try at the flamebait though.

Love that avitar, great movie.

I'd take 9 capt's stellar 717 career over Lumberg's career which I think involves being a paige for Rep Foley.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back