• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of Delta not allowing Non-CASS Jumpseaters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The fact that we don't have CASS is an embarrassment. That's what you get from a management team that doesn't give a squirt of piss about their employees.

Every commuter should call in sick the first week if/when we're denied on Delta.

Treat them the way they've been treating us!!

You could always leave Airtran and get another job.

Heres what I heard the other day from a gate agent.. Sounds like Delta may be going the way of everyone else.. I was told they will put 1 jumpseater in the cockpit and the rest in the back. I was told that it would basically be an unlimited JS policy (or at least that's how they were gonna treat it). However, when riding in the back you would now be listed in a different way and no longer be considered a jumpseater. Since AAI isn't on cass and can't jumpseat anyways. We would no longer be considered a jumpseater as far as a gate agent is concerned ( a lot like Alaska, Frontier, etc..).. Bash away, but that's how the gate agent explained it to me. She actually put me in a seat in the back of a DAL 767 with only 1 jumpseat while there was a DAL jumpseater in the cockpit.. I talked to the captain and he didn't seem to have a problem with it... I"m not sure this is even the policy, but thats how the gate agents understood it.... So, who really knows what is happening, but as long as the gate agents in my city understand it this way... Then this is actually better than before...

She actually put me in a seat in the back of a DAL 767 with only 1 jumpseat while there was a DAL jumpseater in the cockpit.....

Some of DAL's 767's have more than one jumpseat. They taks as many jumpseaters as they have jumpseats.

-9... Im well aware that some of DAL's 767's have 2 jumpseats.. This was a 767-300 and most of them only have 1 jumpseat.. The 400's all have 2 (at least every 400 Ive seen).. That's why I put "1 jumpseat"...

Last edited:
I've had more than one scab say that to me before.

And I guess in your infinite intelligence you'd rather work for a company and be miserable and moan and groan all your life (only because your sense of entitelement has been violated) rather than move on.

What a Loser.

Action Required:
Phase one: Starting September 21, 2006
The TSA now requires all carriers that participate in the CASS (Cockpit Access Security System) program to display an electronic photo on their computer screen when checking the credentials for OAL pilot jumpseat requests. To comply with this mandate Delta developed an E-Photo program that will be internally activated when using the existing CASS entry (example: PJSOA*1234567/CO).

Note: The picture displayer will NOT be available on Westinghouse or CUTE computer systems (Westinghouse Replacement computers will have the E-Photo capabilities)
The existing CASS entry will now display an E-Photo pop-up window on your computer screen. For OAL jumpseat requests you are required to compare the E-Photo to the employee at your check-in counter to verify they match. Agents are still required to compare the passport information in the jumpseat request response with the physical passport of the OAL rider. If both of these items match the OAL jumpseat rider is authorized to sit in the cockpit jumpseat when the cabin is full.
Notes:
(1) No Change to current Delta/DCI jumpseat verification methods. For phase one only, continue to use the employee ID and PPR verification process for jumpseat requests when Delta and DCI travel on each other or on their own carrier.

(2) For those locations without E-Photo display capabilities, you will not be eligible to authorize or process OAL pilot requests into the cockpit of a Delta or DCI aircraft. These locations can still accommodate the request as a flow back jumpseat. These OAL jumpseat requests will then be added to the standby list as priority JSA, then processed and cleared into the passenger cabin if available.
Phase two: Starting October 4, 2006:
All Delta and DCI airport agents worldwide must begin using the new Automated Jumpseat program to authorize and process all cockpit and flight attendant (cabin) jumpseat requests.
  • Because of the integrated security audits and contractual agreements there will be no exceptions to the processes outlined in the associated jumpseat job aids or this bulletin.
  • If the jumpseat riders name is not listed in the new jumpseat list and you cannot add their name to the list using the new process, this request must be denied and the jumpseat requestor will be required to contact their jumpseat support desk for further assistance.

What is the "action required" if you're not a CASS participant but are looking to ride in an empty seat in the cabin? (as an offline pilot)

What a quitter....

And I guess in your infinite intelligence you'd rather work for a company and be miserable and moan and groan all your life (only because your sense of entitelement has been violated) rather than move on.

What a Loser.

So your idea of labor-management relations is to just roll over and accept whatever the company will give you, regardless of the financial security of the company?

And if you happen to be an employee who has seniority, a pension, and lengthy work ties to a company, during contract negotiations, instead of doing something about it by standing up and fighting for a fair and equitable contract....... your solution is to just quit and leave so as not to be a 'complainer'??

Is this your intelligent well thought out idea about being a professional pilot? Did you think this incredible strategy up all by yourself?

I think I'll stand next to -9Capt on this one and you can continue your stategy of simply keeping quiet and whore out all by yourself (at whatever company you work for)..... but thanks for your help and concern.

So your idea of labor-management relations is to just roll over and accept whatever the company will give you, regardless of the financial security of the company?

And if you happen to be an employee who has seniority, a pension, and lengthy work ties to a company, during contract negotiations, instead of doing something about it by standing up and fighting for a fair and equitable contract....... your solution is to just quit and leave so as not to be a 'complainer'??

Is this your intelligent well thought out idea about being a professional pilot? Did you think this incredible strategy up all by yourself?

I think I'll stand next to -9Capt on this one and you can continue your stategy of simply keeping quiet and whore out all by yourself (at whatever company you work for)..... but thanks for your help and concern.

Labor Management negotiations should be just that. They should not involve stuff like calling in sick, CHAOS and other such activity -- so as to screw passengers and the company alike to make a point. Its because of idiots like you and that fool supposedly flying the DC9 that Companies don't think twice before filing Chap 11. Get over your sense of entitlement and if you want real change come into the Management ranks and start leading a company rather than complaining, moaning and whining all the time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back