Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the projected upgrade time for Mesaba new hires?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jeez... forgive us for being optimistic at Mesaba. In the period between 2001 and 2007 Mesaba had basically been dealt every blow an airline could be dealt (except for a crash). All the while other airlines were growing, hiring, upgrading, getting raises etc. Forgive us for being excited that it's FINALLY our turn to see the upside in this business.

Jeez... forgive us for being optimistic at Mesaba. In the period between 2001 and 2007 Mesaba had basically been dealt every blow an airline could be dealt (except for a crash).

....and did you ever thank your brothers and sisters at Pinnacle for taking care of all those crashes for you??? hmmm??? :D

Does anyone know if the Delta scope is online?, and/or how many 76 seats Delta allows

120 - 76 seaters (this number is already exceeded)
135 - 70 seaters

For fleet growth beyond the merger approval date 3 of the 70-seaters can be converted to 76-seaters for ever additional airframe at mainline.

Wow, 255 regional airplanes at 70+ seats... not to mention the, I believe, over 500 RJs that are 50 seaters being flown by the two airlines combined.

Congrats on letting airlines contract all your jobs out to the lowest bidder, mainline pilots.

Think, that could be 750 airplanes' worth of crews that would be mainline jobs. Essentially every pilot currently at Northwest or Delta, even the most junior reserve DC-9 FO, could be a captain on a state of the art jet had those planes been at mainline.

And, for upgrade at Mesaba. I don't know much at all about Mesaba but unless the airline is planning on doubling its fleet (ie: compass when they were just getting up and running), you can't count on a quick upgrade anywhere. Things change REAL quick.

Wow, 255 regional airplanes at 70+ seats... not to mention the, I believe, over 500 RJs that are 50 seaters being flown by the two airlines combined.

Congrats on letting airlines contract all your jobs out to the lowest bidder, mainline pilots.

Think, that could be 750 airplanes' worth of crews that would be mainline jobs. Essentially every pilot currently at Northwest or Delta, even the most junior reserve DC-9 FO, could be a captain on a state of the art jet had those planes been at mainline.

And, for upgrade at Mesaba. I don't know much at all about Mesaba but unless the airline is planning on doubling its fleet (ie: compass when they were just getting up and running), you can't count on a quick upgrade anywhere. Things change REAL quick.

i am not even hired at an airline yet and all i do is hear mainline guys complainabout guys flying 70 seat jets for poor pay, and that they should be at the mainline

well you voted not to fly the 70 seaters and contracted them out to the regionals, dont blame people trying to start off with a regional job, you created the problem

i am not even hired at an airline yet and all i do is hear mainline guys complainabout guys flying 70 seat jets for poor pay, and that they should be at the mainline

well you voted not to fly the 70 seaters and contracted them out to the regionals, dont blame people trying to start off with a regional job, you created the problem

For the record, I fly CRJs. I'm a regional pilot. Its not our fault that they farmed all the jobs out to us, that was their own doing. Someone has to fly the things and since they thought they were too good to have job security, seniority progression, etc, someone else has to fly them. I'm one of those guys. I'm just not too happy that these mainline guys are so short-sighted that I may be flying CRJs for some regional for the rest of my career.

All of the headaches began when the mainline carriers wanted nothing to do with the regional (then called commuter) pilots..didnt want us in the jumpseats didnt want us in their union, didnt want to know us...if they had included us way back when, the airlines wouldn't have been able to play us commuter pilots against the mainline pilots, we would have all been one group...the major airline pilots have been paying for their arrogance ever since...(who would have thought that silly little airline with our eagle on the tail of their Metros would have wound up with then unheard of regional jets?)..

Latest resources

Back