• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is NJ looking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good post D. I got the no thanx email before the phone interview as well. My friends at NJ were surprised too. They were told to go out and recruite pilots, but so far the pilots they have recommended have not got an interview yet, or have not even made the phone interview. I am definately re-applying though. I am not giving up!

Diesel,

Honestly, what do you know about what the hiring dept does or does not do? Exactly who have you talked to? Exactly who have you given suggestions to? My guess is that you haven't talked to a soul. Is it not true that it is all only YOUR opinion, and you created how bad it is in your head? You have NO FACTS about the hiring process. Imagination is a wonderful thing! I already admitted there are issues, and admitted I am embarrassed about the communications before and after the applicant is in CMH. I also explained the union has no involvement in this.

No one claimed we (NJASAP) are trying to run the hiring dept. We actually have a small role. We are in the interview room conducting the "technical interview" and we help answer questions at lunch with the applicants. We help with the "aircraft fitting" at Bridgeway. That is it. I am going to go out on a limb and say that the applicants who see us in action in CMH are impressed. Can I get someone to back me up on this?

The hiring cards have been discussed at length. I guess you still don't get it. Pay attention, I am going to make this simple for you: Those cards are for you to hand out to pilots you meet on the road who are interested in NetJets INSTEAD OF HANDING OUT YOUR BUSINESS CARD. That is it. Simple huh?

I don't know what to tell you Diesel. It is not NetJet's responsibility to hire every pilot wanting to apply. Just because an applicant has 10,000 with 8,000 PIC doesn't mean he/she is qualified to fly for NJA. Flying an airplane is 20% of what we do, and you know that.

Re-read the union boards. I published the total apps, and those with LOR's. We can't take all of them.

Still waiting on suggestions, although I recommend you submit them on the union board.

Last edited:
Good post D. I got the no thanx email before the phone interview as well. My friends at NJ were surprised too. They were told to go out and recruite pilots (As I stated earlier, that is not what those cards are for. Your friends need to read the letter that came with it instead of jumping to conclusions.), but so far the pilots they have recommended have not got an interview yet, or have not even made the phone interview. I am definately re-applying though. I am not giving up!

Actually it is not a good post. It is the ramblings of someone ignorant of a situation. I have tried to explain this to Diesel ad nauseam on the NJASAP boards. He either refuses to listen, or doesn't understand.

I am growing tired of constantly correcting his misinformation.

Last edited:
so are the on file applications with reccs around 1000ish?

That number is accurate as of about a month ago. That number changes of course. I have no idea what the current number is.

Diesel,

No one claimed we (NJASAP) are trying to run the hiring dept. We actually have a small role. We are in the interview room conducting the "technical interview" and we help answer questions at lunch with the applicants. We help with the "aircraft fitting" at Bridgeway. That is it. I am going to go out on a limb and say that the applicants who see us in action in CMH are impressed. Can I get someone to back me up on this?

I just got back from doing the interview in CMH and I can certainly attest to this. It is an impressive operation all around. At no time did I feel like the union was controlling anything with this process. I was made aware that one of my interviewers had union responsiblities and that was it.

It is an impressive operation. Yes, the communications during the process is a bit flawed, but I am sure that will work itself out with time.

Good luck too all.

Last edited:
Actually it is not a good post. It is the ramblings of someone ignorant of a situation. I have tried to explain this to Diesel ad nauseam on the NJASAP boards. He either refuses to listen, or doesn't understand.

I am growing tired of constantly correcting his misinformation.

Fischman,
I know you are working hard in this area. But this "new" department seems to be all screwed up. BTW what was wrong with the talent we were hiring last year? Seems like we fixed something that didn't really need fixing.

Guys, take the stupid cards and toss them out. Make no recommendations until they fix their house. They carry no weight anyways.
I was always disgusted with the way the majors went about hiring. Now look at us:0. Sad.

"Talent Acquisition Team", LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL oh geeeeeeezzzzzzzz

Fisch why do you get so wrapped up in it? You're a pilot this is their mess. They want to piss off the best talent and those that think they would be a good fit.

I don't understand why we aren't focusing on those that have LOR's. We know these people and we know this job. Hmmmm maybe we might know if we can put two and two together.

But no we have to reinvent the wheel. I'm not saying do the whole grip and grin like fedex but the company should look to its own when deciding on who to hire.

New guy has to reinvent the wheel hmmm where did he come from.... Still not leaving PIT is he though?

You think people are pissed now wait till we flush the apps. Oooooh boy.

you'd think that former/current frac guys would stand out. like i've said before, there were 4 frac guys in my interview group, and all were turned down. All good dudes, and we all were laughing and having a good time and hit it off. What other customer service could they want? Oh well, on with my life.

Latest resources

Back