• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is NJ looking for?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For what it's worth, I've been told that over 1000 of the apps on file have at least one letter of recommendation. I suppose the company tries to weigh the letter but on the other hand, there are only so many interview slots so some of the recommended folks won't get a shot or may have to wait. And I can also imagine that the company wants to take a look at some of the applicants that don't have a letter of recommendation.

Maybe fischman can shed light on this, but I've heard that there may soon be a scoring system for letters of recommendation in that if you recommend someone and that person interviews but fails to be offered a job, then your next letter of rec carries less influence.

Captain007 - I do know how you feel. I've put in a few letters of app and seen varying outcomes. Let's hope fischman and the folks that he works with can help to straighten out the "talent acquisition" process.

Maybe fischman can shed light on this, but I've heard that there may soon be a scoring system for letters of recommendation in that if you recommend someone and that person interviews but fails to be offered a job, then your next letter of rec carries less influence.

That is a rumor.

There are many complaints that the LOR doesn't count for anything. I'd like to see that they do. I hold the opinions of our pilots in high regard, and would like the recommendations to reflect that. Right now, the best I can tell you is that I know there is a problem, and we are working on it.

they need to stop "pickin' pepper out of fly $hit" when it comes to the applicants. Sorry, that is one of my favorite lines, and wanted to use it here. :)

That is a rumor.

There are many complaints that the LOR doesn't count for anything. I'd like to see that they do. I hold the opinions of our pilots in high regard, and would like the recommendations to reflect that. Right now, the best I can tell you is that I know there is a problem, and we are working on it.
Thanks for the info Fischman!

LORs bad?

There are many complaints that the LOR doesn't count for anything.

I was told by a NJ pilot that a LOR will actually hurt you. That they are striving for a no bias approach. And you should have NO internal recommendations.

I can get several LORs from NJ pilots but I haven't in fear that my app will get tossed.

Has anyone else heard this?

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. In some ways it should be a biased approach. The pilots that work there should know if a certain guy fits the profile the company is looking for. And if he does, then the rec should carry more weight. But like the other guy said, perhaps its the particular guy giving the rec.

deleted. duplicate post.

I was told by a NJ pilot that a LOR will actually hurt you. That they are striving for a no bias approach. And you should have NO internal recommendations.

I can get several LORs from NJ pilots but I haven't in fear that my app will get tossed.

Has anyone else heard this?

Completely untrue.

That is a rumor.

Thanks for the response. I, too, would like to see a good amount of weight given to a LOR.

Latest resources

Back