• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is in store for Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is it true that training last 3 monthss. How does that compare to other regionals. And if it does last that long is that with IOE?

The 3 months should include all of training and IOE. Something like 6 weeks ground, 3 weeks sim, and 3 weeks allotted for IOE.

Thanks for the info guys! What about MCO? I would have to assume that its pretty senior. JFK would probably still be my first choice however. The main reason I ma considering Comair is because the pay is much better than where I am now, and if I got JFK I wouldn't have to commute. Plus, I want to move back to FL eventually, so the MCO base is a draw as well. Also, is there any training contract? How long is one typically on reserve? Whats the overall QOL like?

MCO is senior, but it seems to be getting less senior all the time.

There is not a training contract at Comair.

Reserve...Well, relatively short in JFK. However, in CVG I have been here two and a half years and am still on reserve. Senior reserve, but it is still reserve. If I went to just about any other regional two and a half years ago I would have upgraded by now as my friends all did. I also came to Comair because it was considered the best with the best pay. However, when I am still at First Officer pay and my friends are all at Captain pay, ultimately their career choice led to higher pay. Good luck on your choice!

The leather jackets are sooo coool! I wear mine everywhere with my aviator sunglasses and pretend that I am a WWII pilot dropping the BIG BOMB.

Boo Ha Ha. Nice. Plus you can take off all the trimmings and it's a fashionable out-to-dinner coat. But I have to admit, this time of year that NE winter wind cuts right through the flasher trench coat. :eek: Ouch

So heres a question... I've considered applying at Comair lately. A decent place to work? I know that they're in a rather precarious position right now, but other than that, how are they to work for? What are the chances of getting JFK? Any thoughts/opinions?

It's a miserable place to work right now. It used to be fairly nice and it may be again, if and when the dust settles. But there's a reason they're hiring in droves despite losing airframes...

Say if comair doesn't go under, and I really don't think it will go under. then how long is the upgrade time today? I mean just TODAY.

Right now the latest Captain awards have gone to pilots with around 4 1/2 to 5 years seniority.

My original post by the way was aimed at living in Cincitucky. It really is a dump!

To quote Homer Simpson, "SO LONG STINK TOWN!"

Translation: CVG is an airline town and the local girls weren't impressed by my leather jacket and RayBans.

Latest resources

Back