• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is in store for Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That statement is very puzzling. Have you ever been to JFK?

Yep and I'm very happily based there. Being in JFK is like working for a whole different company. It is an incredibly layed back bunch of people that can go with the flow and don't get worked up over stupid $hit. That and we don't wear those ugly leather coats. My original post by the way was aimed at living in Cincitucky. It really is a dump!

To quote Homer Simpson, "SO LONG STINK TOWN!"

Yep and I'm very happily based there. Being in JFK is like working for a whole different company. It is an incredibly layed back bunch of people that can go with the flow and don't get worked up over stupid $hit. That and we don't wear those ugly leather coats. My original post by the way was aimed at living in Cincitucky. It really is a dump!

Yea I think the same exact thing everytime I do a turn there instead of Atlanta....can't wait to get back to da ATL from CVG........

Yea I think the same exact thing everytime I do a turn there instead of Atlanta....can't wait to get back to da ATL from CVG........

Holy cow! It's like I've logged onto bizarroworldflightinfo.com. The only thing I agree with is being away from people who "get worked up over stupid stuff". You didn't mention that JFK is an over-block dream, but that's another story. Operationally speaking I'll take CVG over JFK or ATL any day (though ATL isn't the mess it once was since Delta has been doing the ground service).

Why don't you guys wear the leather jacket?

So heres a question... I've considered applying at Comair lately. A decent place to work? I know that they're in a rather precarious position right now, but other than that, how are they to work for? What are the chances of getting JFK? Any thoughts/opinions?

if you want JFK you'll get it. Great people. We'll see what happends Feb 2, but after the contract dispute gets solved, I think the company should be in a good position

So heres a question... I've considered applying at Comair lately. A decent place to work? I know that they're in a rather precarious position right now, but other than that, how are they to work for? What are the chances of getting JFK? Any thoughts/opinions?

Chances are you will get Kennedy whether or not you want to be based there. If a new-hire plans on commuting, JFK is probably one of your better choices.

The future at the company is shaky. I would go to an independant regional provider who seem to be doing better in this industry like Chatauqua. I would stay away from wholly-owned subsidiaries like Comair unless you have low time and cannot go anywhere. With that said, I would still go to Comair before trying to fly for Mesa.

We will probably be forced into paycuts by the bankruptcy court even though we made over 50 million dollars this year. As we will try to strike to prevent this cut I am sure our management team will block the strike through some kind of legal injunction.

Holy cow! It's like I've logged onto bizarroworldflightinfo.com. The only thing I agree with is being away from people who "get worked up over stupid stuff". You didn't mention that JFK is an over-block dream, but that's another story. Operationally speaking I'll take CVG over JFK or ATL any day (though ATL isn't the mess it once was since Delta has been doing the ground service).

Why don't you guys wear the leather jacket?

The leather jackets are sooo coool! I wear mine everywhere with my aviator sunglasses and pretend that I am a WWII pilot dropping the BIG BOMB.

Thanks for the info guys! What about MCO? I would have to assume that its pretty senior. JFK would probably still be my first choice however. The main reason I ma considering Comair is because the pay is much better than where I am now, and if I got JFK I wouldn't have to commute. Plus, I want to move back to FL eventually, so the MCO base is a draw as well. Also, is there any training contract? How long is one typically on reserve? Whats the overall QOL like?

Fcuk you MELIT. You were the guys absolutely giddy over ASA planes being transferred to your outfit. I don't see too many guys dancing over the Comair planes on our property.

What I posted was fact, yours is fiction.

Latest resources

Back