What is in store for Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Big Foot

I am new to the boards and have been reading all I can about different airlines. Any Comair pilots that may be able to look into the crystal ball and see what is going to happen to them in the next few years. And is it worth it to get hired by them?

Thanks in advance

I am Not a Comair pilot but I did listen in on the conference call Tuesday night (for a short period)and from what the MEC was able to say it doesn't look good. The mediator has the negotiation teams in different rooms(if I understand this correctly) and is going between.

With that said apparently the company has moved but in a negative way not benificial to the pilot group. So unless there is some movement it looks as though the company is standing it's ground and will ultimately impose. Then a new round of posturing will begin.

What this all means in the long run is anyones guess!!! I'm sure someone with a better prospective will chime in.

Last edited:
I am Not a Comair pilot but I did listen in on the conference call Tuesday night (for a short period)and from what the MEC was able to say it doesn't look good. The mediator has the negotiation teams in different rooms(if I understand this correctly) and is going between.

With that said apparently the company has moved but in a negative way not benificial to the pilot group. So unless there is some movement it looks as though the company is standing it's ground and will ultimately impose. Then a new round of posturing will begin.

What this all means in the long run is anyones guess!!! I'm sure someone with a better prospective will chime in.

Thanks for the update. I thought you were a Comair pilot. Did you move on?

No one knows what is going to happen beyond some paycut one way or another. Attrition is extremely high so if you come here, do so with an open mind.

No one knows what is going to happen beyond some paycut one way or another. Attrition is extremely high so if you come here, do so with an open mind.

So where are people going to? Moving up to bigger equipment(JB,CO,SWA,UPS,FDX??) and using CMR as a means to an end or taking lateral moves? I left there last year for a fantastic job and am thankful to have worked at CMR and to all the people there. IMO people should definately consider CMR if they're looking for work. You bet there are huge frustrations, uncertainty, and morale is not what it used to be. IMO It still beats almost all the other regionals in many ways. Especially the Professional bunch of Capt's (especially MCO guys).
It's an excellent means to an end.

I am new to the boards and have been reading all I can about different airlines. Any Comair pilots that may be able to look into the crystal ball and see what is going to happen to them in the next few years. And is it worth it to get hired by them?

Thanks in advance

I can tell you ASA is taking their airplanes and their jobs.

I can tell you ASA is taking their airplanes and their jobs.

Fcuk you MELIT. You were the guys absolutely giddy over ASA planes being transferred to your outfit. I don't see too many guys dancing over the Comair planes on our property.

So where are people going to? Moving up to bigger equipment(JB,CO,SWA,UPS,FDX??) and using CMR as a means to an end or taking lateral moves? I left there last year for a fantastic job and am thankful to have worked at CMR and to all the people there. IMO people should definately consider CMR if they're looking for work. You bet there are huge frustrations, uncertainty, and morale is not what it used to be. IMO It still beats almost all the other regionals in many ways. Especially the Professional bunch of Capt's (especially MCO guys).
It's an excellent means to an end.

At first (last year) I saw people taking lateral moves, now the people I see going are going to majors, fractionals, cargo (ACMI), etc. From what I have seen, we seem to have a good percentage of new hires leaving shortly after training (or before completing it), and they are most likely taking lateral moves. If we don't keep shrinking into oblivion, upgrade time should drop by quite a bit. Personally I'm trying to get out.

To be honest with you, I don't think Comair is going anywhere. The scope of our operation post bankruptcy though is still waiting to be answered. If you do come here, stay away from CVG! That place is a hell hole!!!

Latest resources

Back