WHAT IS HAPPENING AT NETJETS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I'mBack

My buddy who works at NetJets told me that furloughs are forthcoming and that 400-600 aircraft are parked. How many of those 1000 voluntary furloughs actually took the deal? He was told by his Steward all this information because they lost 80% of their flying. Curious how that FDP program is working now?

You’re full of it.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean if we all look at flight activity..it does look like Flexjet has more flights in the air right now than a company with 4x the number of aircraft... Strange. Not to mention the numerous aircraft parked at TEB...

Stop with the Fake News. NetJets IS NOT furloughing. You clearly don't even know the fleet size. Everyone's flying is down. Nothing has been taken away. Of all the Fracs, NetJets will survive. They have the backing of Warren Buffet and quite frankly, they'll grow out of this fear based event because anyone with any means will want to fly private. If extremely leveraged XO, Vista and Wheels Up survive, it will be surprising. Not sure what idiot is propping Flex up but they appear to still be getting cash infusions and of course, they will take from the crews because they can.

Yer buddy is misinformed. The only talk about the F word is coming straight off the message board and NOT from any official channels, Company or Union. People are worried. People are talking. Nothing is on the table AT THIS TIME.

If 600 planes were parked we’d not even be in business. Please tell your “buddy” to get his ass on the message board and get informed and stop spreading fear.

Yer buddy is misinformed. The only talk about the F word is coming straight off the message board and NOT from any official channels, Company or Union. People are worried. People are talking. Nothing is on the table AT THIS TIME.

If 600 planes were parked we’d not even be in business. Please tell your “buddy” to get his ass on the message board and get informed and stop spreading fear.

Seems official if it is coming from the Stewards. Or maybe that is the goal to create false hope? Or maybe you don't know anything and choose to live under the AJ rock. If my buddy is so wrong, he also mentioned a fair number of senior management is no longer there? Any truth to that? #AbandonShip

Some quick facts.

Netjets is not furloughing. At this time, they are offering a VOLUNTARY LOA that is available for up to 1000 pilots. This program was NOT initiated by the company. There were numerous pilots who expressed concern about going to work with the ongoing pandemic. They preferred to stay home, even without pay. There really weren't any mechanisms in place to allow something like this on a large scale, so the union approached the company to work something out. The resultant deal allows those who wish to remain home to do so. There is no pay, but benefits continue. I'm sure the company likes it too, because it reduces expenses. But again, this was a union-initiated program inspired by the desires of the pilots to stay home through the pandemic. There are ZERO furloughs taking place.

Additionally, there are more voluntary measures being worked out between the union and the company. What those look like remains to be seen. However, to reiterate, everything is voluntary. If a pilot wishes to remain on the schedule at full pay and benefits they will.

Our fleet is not "parked". Nothing is mothballed and they're continuing to crew whatever planes are needed with available crews. Obviously, demand is way down, so yes, quite a few planes aren't in the air. We aren't the only ones with reduced flying these days.

As for what Flightaware may show, it doesn't mean anything. How many REVENUE flights are each company doing? That's the relevant question. Flex is using their planes to ferry pilots to and from work, Netjets is not (mostly). That could easily account for there being more Flex planes in the air. However, I don't think one snapshot in time from Flightaware is representative of anything.

I'm only taking an educated guess here, but from what I've seen we'd have to see these severely reduced load factors for another 3-4 month's before Netjets would consider a furlough. And then based on the WARN act they'd have to give 2-3 months notice of the furloughs. So IF we'd get to the point of furloughs, my guess is nobody will hit the streets until at least the beginning of November.

KR is flat out lying about us furloughing. There's no "misstatement" or "misinterpretation" of what he said. Anybody who can use a computer or who knows how to use a phone could find out the truth in less than a minute. Nothing we're doing over here is a secret. So if he said straight up that we're furloughing, it's a LIE.

I hope this helps.

There is no truth whatsoever to any recently departed senior management. Zero.
Also, I work within the union and there are ZERO stewards saying there will be furloughs. None.

As I said in my previous post, certainly if conditions continue for an extended period furloughs are possible. But I'm pretty sure that applies to every operator. Yes, our pilots are doing a lot of speculating about if/when furloughs may happen. Honestly, who isn't? There's a lot of fear right now. But absolutely NOTHING has been announced in this matter, and it's not likely to happen for quite some time.

So your brothers are just spreading misinformation? I've known him for 21 years. I doubt he has been feeding me BS. If you have all the facts, how many of the 1000 took the voluntary furlough? And yes, you are parking aircraft. Just ask the FBO folks. QS may soon be known as Quarter of the Size.

Latest resources

Back