What is an "accident"???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you serious?
Are you using the faa written test prep book as your "Private Pilot Manual", That manual is used to pass the FAA test and only to pass the FAA test--> it is severely lacking in completeness, and is not intended to be a PP manual. Get yourself a real PP manual and a real FAR/AIM, and a real instructor

Monkeyfist said:
Are you serious?
Are you using the faa written test prep book as your "Private Pilot Manual", That manual is used to pass the FAA test and only to pass the FAA test--> it is severely lacking in completeness, and is not intended to be a PP manual. Get yourself a real PP manual and a real FAR/AIM, and a real instructor

I know exactly what it is, and no, I'm not using it as a "private pilot manual". I mistakenly referred to that workbook as a "textbook". Regardless, you know nothing about my instructor and have no place giving advice in such an area.

UnAnswerd said:
Regardless, you know nothing about my instructor and have no place giving advice in such an area.

We do know this much: If such an instructor even exists, he has a moron for a student.

:rolleyes:

Hold it a moment . . . .

UnAnswerd said:
Your [JAFI] an idiot to think that ground school, covers in detail, all aspecst of any particular topic.
I've been on your side as well and have appreciated your comments on other issues, but that particular remark to JAFI is clearly uncalled-for.

JAFI is an FAA Aviation Safety Inspector and likely knows more about these things than you, me or most people. He does contribute valuable input to what otherwise would be primarily one-sided discussions. No one would fault you for trying to understand something better and perhaps you didn't like what he had written, but calling him an "idiot" when he is trying to help you is out of line.

Last edited:
bobbysamd said:
but calling him an "idiot" when he is trying to help you is out of line.

Bobby, what you and others seem to be forgetting is that I don't know ANYTHING about this person called JAFI, other than the fact that he thinks I'm a troll. If he is an FAA safety inspector, and apparently contributes a wealth of valuable information to the board, why couldn't he have simply done so in the first place, without accusing me of trolling??? That's just ridiculous. Then he accuses me of trying to "see how many replies I can get", and then goes on to reply himself???? WTF???

Anyway, it's pretty clear that I've somehow painted myself into a corner, regarding relations with forum members. I find that unfortunate, but I cannot remain silent while otherwise intelligent people claim that I'm a troll and a moron for simply trying to better understand important information. I do however, very much appreciate the help you, and many other have given me. I only hope that you can believe that.

UnAnswerd said:
Anyway, it's pretty clear that I've somehow painted myself into a corner, regarding relations with forum members. I find that unfortunate, but I cannot remain silent while otherwise intelligent people claim that I'm a troll and a moron for simply trying to better understand important information. I do however, very much appreciate the help you, and many other have given me. I only hope that you can believe that.
I like your enthusiasm, and willingness to learn, listen and accept differing ideas. I would only suggest that you be less of a gunslinger with your keyboard and that you think before you type.

Good luck with your training.

JAFI said:
Is this the guy that just asks questions to see how many replys he can get? And why any one who has gone through private pilot ground school does not know this?

Hang up your spurs cowboy.

JAFI

Is it in good taste to quote yourself???

Unanswerd,

Let’s see, my question to the board "are you the guy..." --- a yes or no would do .....I seem to recall someone else making the Troll comment about you weeks ago. If I am in error, you have my sincere apology. The "Hang up your spurs" comment would be wrong.

Also - If you have gone through PP ground school you should have covered the "accident/incident" material in NTSB 830. If not ask your instructor why?? As I recall it should be part of the course.

AVbug did answer your question yet you continue to - dare I say, rant. So, take a deep cleansing breath and calm down. Re-read his post.

Now some advice, it is yours to take or leave as you see fit. If you are going to fly airplanes, operate heavy machinery, or handle sharp objects, you need to react to stressful situations better. Learn to let stress roll off your back AND learn to ask BETTER questions. It is not wrong to begin with "I have no idea what I need to know but please, help me". We have all been there. A thank you is not out of order, either.

If you are lying about not being a Troll, that would really piss me off.

As for your "God" comment about me, no - I have no grand illusions. And I do not count the times girlfriends have called out the Deity in the heat of...

Well, never mind.

I think your original question has been asked and answered, so behave your self. You may learn something.

JAFI

Just Another F*#&ing Inspector

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back