Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What in the hell is happining to all of the DHL feeder Routes??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
T-Gates said:
I don't know how much Union Flights has in S. California, but ACC has only been awarded SMX-ONT-SMX and SBA-ONT-SBA so far. They have also picked up PSC-PDX-PSC and EUG-PDX-EUG.

Those are (were) Union Flights runs. About the only thing they have left down there is ONT to Bakersfield.

We (AMF) have been aware of some of the impending changes now for a while.

Who in the hell is ACC?

Sounds to me DHL are giving out runs to the lowest bidder without considering the consequences of overall service quality. I expect when ACC's aircraft break in PDX or their outstations AMF will be called to save the day, used to happen all the time with Mid Atlantic's caravan that used to cover the BFI-RLD- BFI run.

Loyalty is a bit thin on the ground in this segment of the profession.

T-Gates said:
Whoa there....

ACC is Air Cargo Carriers...Shorts 330's and 360's.

Now where do you get off thinking that ACC is whoring them selves out? I worked there, they ran the operation well and MX was good. Why do you think that ACC's service will be any less than what AMF was providing? You didn't even know who they were!

Care to clarify for me?
Thanks for telling me who ACC are, I did not say that they were whoring themselves out at all, that is an erroneous assumption on your part.

I have no issue with the quality of service that ACC may or may not provide but, I also do not know where they are based and this may be an issue with providing the customer another aircraft if their primary aircraft breaks down. They all do in this business regardless of company.

One of the strenghs of AMF from a customer perspective if the availabiity of a backup aircraft to be utilized on the spot if one breaks down, does ACC have the capabiity to provide such an option if ACC's corporate headquarters or mx
base is far from the point of service (like AMF trying to service a client in Alaska with one aircraft with it's closest mx base in BFI)?

Last edited:
TheDogsBollocks said:
Thanks for telling me who ACC are, I did not say that they were whoring themselves out at all, that is an erroneous assumption on your part.

I have no issue with the quality of service that ACC may or may not provide but, I also do not know where they are based and this may be an issue with providing the customer another aircraft if their primary aircraft breaks down. They all do in this business regardless of company.

One of the strenghs of AMF from a customer perspective if the availabiity of a backup aircraft to be utilized on the spot if one breaks down, does ACC have the capabiity to provide such an option if ACC's corporate headquarters or mx
base is far from the point of service (like AMF trying to service a client in Alaska with one aircraft with it's closest mx base in BFI)?

The Shorts can NEVER lose ;)

And if one breaks on a schd run...we have plenty of charter Shorts to pick up any maintance based slack....

Wanked

Typical Ameriflight scallywag!!

That mentality, combined with all their single-pilot experience, is usually the reason they do so poorly when they go somewhere else!!

Shiver me timbers, somethings never change!!

Feathersword said:
Typical Ameriflight scallywag!!

That mentality, combined with all their single-pilot experience, is usually the reason they do so poorly when they go somewhere else!!

Shiver me timbers, somethings never change!!

Ahoy Matey,

I am indeed a scallywag-of the highest order!

Care to clarify your "they do so poorly when they go somewhere else" comment?

I think thee needs to walk the plank for your impertinent comment!
:)

I guess the rumor about ATI getting all the DHL might have some truth behind it. It seems ATI was trying to get their hands on several CV-580's. I guess if they get all the new routes and all the new aircraft then they better run down to Wal-Mart and buy some more hair dryers.

They will also will be hiring more mechanics...well I mean pilots/mechanics or mechanics/pilots ever which way you want to look at it. And maybe a visit to a witch doctor to bless them might not hurt either.

I have read so much trash about ATI that it is hard to believe they still are in business and haven't killed any one else. Well maybe they have and the bodies just haven't been uncovered.

It is sad how most of us just turn our backs to what goes on in the freight dog world. I know it is only a matter of time before one of us trash hauler plants another one and right now my money is on Air Tahoma. I just hope that when they go down they don't take any body else with them...like a school yard full of kids.

Latest resources

Back