• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What has ALPA done for me lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Which questions have we dodged, JJ? Seems that we've answered everything. You just don't like the answers because they don't fit with your preconceived ALPA hatred.

Which questions have we dodged, JJ? Seems that we've answered everything. You just don't like the answers because they don't fit with your preconceived ALPA hatred.

Preconceived? Years of experience...worked for...not bought. I was ALPA when you were still writing checks to become an airline pilot. You PFT'rs are still the scourge of the industry.

What is the purpose of ALPA? What is the purpose of a union? What is the goal of ALPA and what has been the results over the past decade? What has ALPA done to protect the welfare and livelihood of its members? How is JP's (Rez) plan going on "Taking it Back?" What were the results of the Blue Ribbon Panel and what, if any, recommendations did Rez..sorry...JP...take and implement? What did an ALPA National Poll tell ALPA leadership what its membership said about the age 65 rule change?

Need more? That should keep you busy for the next few hours.

What are YOU doing to improve ALPA? (Since you are NOT an ALPA member.)

What is the purpose of ALPA? What is the purpose of a union?

To advance the profession.

What is the goal of ALPA and what has been the results over the past decade?

The past decade? Why are you limiting it? Why not look at ALPA's entire history to determine what ALPA has done for this profession? You would make a fraction of what you currently do and have a horrendous qualify of life were it not for ALPA.

What has ALPA done to protect the welfare and livelihood of its members?

You should read Flying the Line for some good answers to that question. As far as what they've done recently, ALPA has reduced the impact that bankruptcy could have had on our profession. Were it not for ALPA, the profession would be in far worse shape today.

How is JP's (Rez) plan going on "Taking it Back?"

First, JP is not Rez. Rez and I worked together at Pinnacle, and JP was obviously not at Pinnacle. Second, Captain Prater's plan is on track to produce real dividends. I think the next bargaining cycle is going to produce some great contract.

What were the results of the Blue Ribbon Panel and what, if any, recommendations did Rez..sorry...JP...take and implement? What did an ALPA National Poll tell ALPA leadership what its membership said about the age 65 rule change?

Both the membership and the BRP advised that the policy be modified if it became clear that Age 65 was inevitable. It was, and ALPA acted accordingly, providing a slew of protections in the Act.

Need more? That should keep you busy for the next few hours.

Just a few minutes, actually.

What are YOU doing to improve ALPA? (Since you are NOT an ALPA member.)

Actually, I am an ALPA member. I maintain Participant status by paying a small yearly fee. And in a couple of months, this entire pilot group will probably be ALPA members.

PCL,

You should never try to teach a pig to sing. Its a waste of your time and it irritates the pig.

What is interesting is, now Joey is pissing off his fellow (ex)RJDC members...... before he knows it, Joey will have enough support for a one man union!

The answer to the first question:

Labor Union: an organization of workers formed for the purpose of advancing its members' interests in respect to wages, benefits, and working conditions.

The past decade? Why are you limiting it? Why not look at ALPA's entire history to determine what ALPA has done for this profession? You would make a fraction of what you currently do and have a horrendous qualify of life were it not for ALPA.

Why go back decades? While ALPA made headway decades ago, how have they done in the past decade? You cannot rest on "Look what we did back in the 50's," when someone is asking about how things are today. As for your last statement, you have ZERO proof of that. Do you think pilots enjoy a just wage scale and have a tremendous QOL today...not 50 years ago? Is the membership satisfied with the way things are today?

You should read Flying the Line for some good answers to that question. As far as what they've done recently, ALPA has reduced the impact that bankruptcy could have had on our profession. Were it not for ALPA, the profession would be in far worse shape today.

How has ALPA reduced the impact of bankruptcy on the average line pilot?

Second, Captain Prater's plan is on track to produce real dividends. I think the next bargaining cycle is going to produce some great contract.

You think? Have you read the papers? Maybe you should put down the ALPA propaganda and read the papers...or watch the news. And give some examples of "Taking it Back." is working.

Both the membership and the BRP advised that the policy be modified if it became clear that Age 65 was inevitable. It was, and ALPA acted accordingly, providing a slew of protections in the Act.

The membership? Was that the same membership that spoke its mind when polled about age 65 and then ignored? Or was that a different membership? I remember the poll questions quite well. They were tilted towards Prater and the other old guys agenda's. I know a couple of people who were on the panel and they saw things differently than you do...and they were there. Recommendations were
made...and ignored.

Again, what are YOU doing to fix ALPA and in your opinion what is wrong with ALPA? Has ALPA been effective is stopping the slide of this profession over the past decade?

Hey Fubi...I would much rather be a pig than a zombie.

One more thing...

What is the memberships overall satisfaction with ALPA's representation and efforts recently.

Provide some facts...not biased opinion.

Jett.

Guys like you are the first ones screaming for their rep when the get sideways with the company after having talked a ton of ******************** in the crewroom and on the flight deck.

I've seen it a million times.

Jett.

Guys like you are the first ones screaming for their rep when the get sideways with the company after having talked a ton of ******************** in the crewroom and on the flight deck.

I've seen it a million times.

You could not be more wrong...but hey...I am not surprised. When I needed representation, there was no one around. When the profession needed representation...there was no one around.

Guys like you will look ALPA square in the eyes and smile as you are getting rogered from behind. And then, when they are done and wipe it off on your new curtains, you thank them and make them lunch.

Latest resources

Back