• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What has ALPA done for me lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To the original poster: Keep in mind that ALPA's main purpose is to make sure pilots get compensated well. All the other stuff is window dressing.

If you are talking about the National officers, then you are correct.

If you are talking about the National officers, then you are correct.

After the concessionary contract ratifications at USAirways, I was being paid as a group
2 captain. I chose that position because it was what I could hold, even though I was entitled by
resolution of the Board of Directors, to be paid as a group 1 captain. Also, by resolution of the
Board of Directors, I was entitled to the pay rate I had on January 1, 2003. I voluntarily took the
LOA 93 pay cut along with every other pilot at USAirways. I stayed at that rate until I could hold
group 1 captain at which time I was voluntarily paid at the concessionary group 1 rate. Just to
round out the allegations of the rumor mill, I did not get an ALPA pension. I got what all the rest
of us got, PC3 and working until I die. It might interest you to know that Paul Rice, the
Secretary, and Dennis Dolan, 1st Vice-President, did exactly the same, again, even though the
Board of Directors voted to pay all of us as though no concessions took place. In regard to the
President, he is entitled to the average of the highest three ALPA carriers. Duane Woerth
voluntarily went to the pay consistent with his seniority at Northwest. Contrary to your
statement, and I would like to know your source because it is dead wrong, all four officers did​
just what I have stated.

Jett.

Guys like you are the first ones screaming for their rep when the get sideways with the company after having talked a ton of ******************** in the crewroom and on the flight deck.

I've seen it a million times.

Boy are you right.

Biggest fingerpointing complainers=weakest pilots.

seen it time and time again.

After the concessionary contract ratifications at USAirways, I was being paid as a group​

2 captain. I chose that position because it was what I could hold, even though I was entitled by
resolution of the Board of Directors, to be paid as a group 1 captain. Also, by resolution of the
Board of Directors, I was entitled to the pay rate I had on January 1, 2003. I voluntarily took the
LOA 93 pay cut along with every other pilot at USAirways. I stayed at that rate until I could hold
group 1 captain at which time I was voluntarily paid at the concessionary group 1 rate. Just to
round out the allegations of the rumor mill, I did not get an ALPA pension. I got what all the rest
of us got, PC3 and working until I die. It might interest you to know that Paul Rice, the
Secretary, and Dennis Dolan, 1st Vice-President, did exactly the same, again, even though the
Board of Directors voted to pay all of us as though no concessions took place. In regard to the
President, he is entitled to the average of the highest three ALPA carriers. Duane Woerth
voluntarily went to the pay consistent with his seniority at Northwest. Contrary to your
statement, and I would like to know your source because it is dead wrong, all four officers did
just what I have stated.
It's clear that the BOD took measures to ensure the officers were well comensated....much as Flygirlqt stated. Remember when the President's compensation was based on the average of the 6 highest paying carriers?

I wonder why it was whittled down to just 3....hmmmmmmm?

Latest resources

Back