• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What has ALPA done for me lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA is the only organization in this whole mess that is focused on protecting the good names of the fallen pilots. Did you notice how the NTSB had to backpedal on their ridiculous accusation that the crew ignored procedures? Bet you ALPA had a hand in that one. ALPA is there on the scene to make sure that these two fallen pilots are not dragged through the mud. Thank God someone is looking out for them, even after they're gone.

ALPA is the only organization in this whole mess that is focused on protecting the good names of the fallen pilots. Did you notice how the NTSB had to backpedal on their ridiculous accusation that the crew ignored procedures? Bet you ALPA had a hand in that one. ALPA is there on the scene to make sure that these two fallen pilots are not dragged through the mud. Thank God someone is looking out for them, even after they're gone.

What did ALPA do with the Pinnacle crash?

What did ALPA do with the Pinnacle crash?

ALPA made sure that the NTSB report put a great deal of emphasis on Pinnacle's (lack of) safety culture, horrible training program, non-existent high-altitude training, etc... ALPA also made sure that "core lock" finally became an item of common knowledge in CRJ programs after years of it being practically covered up. ALPA also ran a collection for the families of the fallen pilots that collected tens of thousands of dollars. At the BOD meeting alone, the Officers contributed several thousand dollars. ALPA's CIRP program worked with pilots and family members that needed assistance in coping with the crash.

That's just a few items off the top of my head. Any other questions, Joey?

Last edited:
PCL- I wonder how much money Joey contributed to the fund. When that cardboard box went around the room (started by the NWA MEC) I emptied out my pockets.....

PCL- I wonder how much money Joey contributed to the fund. When that cardboard box went around the room (started by the NWA MEC) I emptied out my pockets.....

Hell, Joey probably would have stolen money out of the box.

ALPA made sure that the NTSB report put a great deal of emphasis on Pinnacle's (lack of) safety culture, horrible training program, non-existent high-altitude training, etc... ALPA also made sure that "core lock" finally became an item of common knowledge in CRJ programs after years of it being practically covered up. ALPA also ran a collection for the families of the fallen pilots that collected tens of thousands of dollars. At the BOD meeting alone, the Officers contributed several thousand dollars. ALPA's CIRP program worked with pilots and family members that needed assistance in coping with the crash.

That's just a few items off the top of my head. Any other questions, Joey?

No that answers it.....Blamed everyone except those who caused it.....

There were two causes to that accident....Neither was blamed by ALPA....

Yeah, attack a couple of dead guys, John. You're a big man now. :rolleyes:

I think Rez (JP) and PCL may share the same DNA. They certainly share the same ability to dodge questions....

If you guys are the future of the union, then there are over 50,000 pilots that are in deeper trouble than they know.

Latest resources

Back