What happened to the Cirrus post?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Milkdud99 said:
What happened to the cirrus crash post??

Moderator blacked-out for a second and allowed someone to post some proprietary stuff...then woke up and "pulled the 'chute".

Let the second-guessing begin!

Still stand by original statement. Guy was a poor pilot with poor decision making skills, believed that exceding Vne by 4 kts meant that he should have pulled the chute.

I don't know why it was pulled either, I never recieved any PM regarding anything improper about it. The guy that wrote about the incident wanted it public and wanted people to know what really took place.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........:confused:

I think it may have to do with a copyright statement on the original site that did not allow the information to be posted on other sites. Somebody pointed that out in the thread.

There was no copyright problem since it was posted on a few other aviation websites, it was not taken directly from the COPA site. So copyright laws wouldn't apply. Besides, the guy that wrote it posted it on a few other sites as well, these in fact don't have such restrictions. I still would like a reason. If that was the reason then I can direct people to other sites with this info but I'm afraid I might piss somebody off and get banned. If you do a search on google I am sure you can find it.

The reason for the post was to get the real story first hand, not the B.S. the NTSB puts out. Their findings are a joke 90% of the time.

It is rare to get a first hand account of what truely happends in an accident and this was one of those times. It was a post people could learn from and add to their does and dont's while discussing the issues. I think removing it did the aviation community on this site an injustice.

I asked a question about go-arounds on tricky runways last week and that one disappeared too...... without explanation.

Since I never recieved an answer from a moderator I guess I will repost it, maybe there is something wrong with the software dropping threads, donno????????

Latest resources

Back