What happened to the Cirrus post?

Occam's Razor

Risible...ALWAYS risible
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Posts
2,551
Total Time
16K+
Milkdud99 said:
What happened to the cirrus crash post??
Moderator blacked-out for a second and allowed someone to post some proprietary stuff...then woke up and "pulled the 'chute".

Let the second-guessing begin!
 

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Posts
3,512
Total Time
5000
Still stand by original statement. Guy was a poor pilot with poor decision making skills, believed that exceding Vne by 4 kts meant that he should have pulled the chute.
 
T

TDTURBO

I don't know why it was pulled either, I never recieved any PM regarding anything improper about it. The guy that wrote about the incident wanted it public and wanted people to know what really took place.



Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...........:confused:
 

KigAir

Viva France!
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Posts
575
Total Time
-3.14
I think it may have to do with a copyright statement on the original site that did not allow the information to be posted on other sites. Somebody pointed that out in the thread.
 

GravityHater

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 12, 2004
Posts
1,168
Total Time
3000
copyright? ha. It was a personal account and you can find it on a dozen different sites right now.
 
T

TDTURBO

There was no copyright problem since it was posted on a few other aviation websites, it was not taken directly from the COPA site. So copyright laws wouldn't apply. Besides, the guy that wrote it posted it on a few other sites as well, these in fact don't have such restrictions. I still would like a reason. If that was the reason then I can direct people to other sites with this info but I'm afraid I might piss somebody off and get banned. If you do a search on google I am sure you can find it.


The reason for the post was to get the real story first hand, not the B.S. the NTSB puts out. Their findings are a joke 90% of the time.

It is rare to get a first hand account of what truely happends in an accident and this was one of those times. It was a post people could learn from and add to their does and dont's while discussing the issues. I think removing it did the aviation community on this site an injustice.
 

9GClub

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
325
Total Time
105
I asked a question about go-arounds on tricky runways last week and that one disappeared too...... without explanation.
 
T

TDTURBO

Since I never recieved an answer from a moderator I guess I will repost it, maybe there is something wrong with the software dropping threads, donno????????
 

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Posts
8,573
Total Time
7,000+
There was a 27 hour "twilight zone" marathon this weekend, maybe that had something to do with it?
 

Yank McCobb

Song and Dance Man
Joined
Mar 10, 2005
Posts
538
Total Time
18000
TDTURBO said:
Since I never recieved an answer from a moderator I guess I will repost it, maybe there is something wrong with the software dropping threads, donno????????
Since when do they owe you an explanation for the way they operate this board? If you don't like the way things are here, you are more than free to move on.

Besides, your posts are a joke 90% of the time. To use your own words.
 
T

TDTURBO

Yank McCobb said:
Since when do they owe you an explanation for the way they operate this board? If you don't like the way things are here, you are more than free to move on.

Besides, your posts are a joke 90% of the time. To use your own words.
It is clear you need to get laid more often instead of yanking, "Your Cobb". (To use your own screen name)

Try to chill once in awhile instead of just being a d1ck!
 
Last edited:

gfvalvo

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 14, 2004
Posts
107
Total Time
1000
siucavflight said:
Still stand by original statement. Guy was a poor pilot with poor decision making skills, believed that exceding Vne by 4 kts meant that he should have pulled the chute.
I think I've landed in the "Right decision, wrong reason" camp. Exceeding Vne by 4 kts? Probably not a BFD. But who's to say he wasn't going to have another seizure and firmly plant it nose first? Given that and his questionable mental state right after regaining consciousness, I'm not going to criticize.
 

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Joined
Jul 30, 2003
Posts
3,512
Total Time
5000
gfvalvo said:
I think I've landed in the "Right decision, wrong reason" camp. Exceeding Vne by 4 kts? Probably not a BFD. But who's to say he wasn't going to have another seizure and firmly plant it nose first? Given that and his questionable mental state right after regaining consciousness, I'm not going to criticize.
If the pilot would have listed the possability of another seizure as the reason for pulling the chute I wouldnt be bagging on him. He listed the reason for pulling the chute as he was 4 kts past Vne.
 

Milkdud99

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Posts
97
Total Time
1 or 2
The Person who pointed out that copyrite thing is a d1ck and should be banned!
 

KigAir

Viva France!
Joined
Apr 7, 2002
Posts
575
Total Time
-3.14
I think it was Jedi who pointed out the copyright issue.
 

Jmajoris

Active member
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Posts
36
Total Time
>1000
Well..it's a censorship issue. Sorta like PFT for the lay person....


Yank McCobb said:
Since when do they owe you an explanation for the way they operate this board? If you don't like the way things are here, you are more than free to move on.

Besides, your posts are a joke 90% of the time. To use your own words.
 

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Joined
Dec 17, 2003
Posts
8,573
Total Time
7,000+
siucavflight said:
If the pilot would have listed the possability of another seizure as the reason for pulling the chute I wouldnt be bagging on him. He listed the reason for pulling the chute as he was 4 kts past Vne.
Are you allowed to pull that chute going that fast in a Cirrus?
 
Top