• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CounterGirl

Go CATS!
Hey guys,

I'm new to these boards. I'm just curious about what sort of jobs are typical for the wives and girlfriends out there. I have bachelor's degree in Communication and have worked as a customer service rep. at a large FBO for a couple years. I'd like to stay in aviation, but am at a loss in finding a career type position....any suggestions? Something aviation related would be my preference, but i'm certainly not limited to that.

I'm also thinking about getting my teaching certification.

Any leads, thoughts, etc would be appreciated....even just telling me what your wife / girlfriend does might help get my gears turning.

Thanks in advance!

CounterGirl

be a teacher and instruct weekends and summers!!!! Tell all of your students about being a pilot.

Nurse

My wife's a nurse. I couldn't imagine a better profession for a pilot's spouse. They're in great demand (i.e. they can find a job, close to your Podunk airport), make good money, and have a very flexible schedule. That way she can accompany me on trips to PHOG and JAC, yet for some reason she's always working on those overnights in LBB

I'm just curious about what sort of jobs are typical for the wives and girlfriends out there.

Which girlfriend.? One of them works in a jewlery store, another is a DAL flight attendant (gotta be DAL since I am a former Delta), one is still in college (don't see her too much though), another is a legal secretary, another is doing nothing with herself since her dad has mega bucks (dad buys her horses to play with and "supposebly" train and sell), another works at Kaufman's part time, another is a marketing director for a charter department.

The unbelievable thing is that to this day neither of them know any of the others exist......:p

Good luck with the job market-

3 5 0

mine

Lets just say that she has a good job, don't want to brag to much.

yep and she is wounderfullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll:)))))))))))))))))))));)

Wife's vocation

First of all, I like 350's comment. :)

My wife is a law librarian. Not exactly an aviation-related position. She does not have an M.L.S. but she does have a paralegal certificate and many years of experience that make up for lack of the degree.

Would your B.S. in Communications qualify you for radio? Just a thought - although radio is almost as hard to break into as aviation. Radio involves a lot more than being on the air. A B.S. in Communications certainly qualifies you for advertising - talk about a competitive, dog-eat-dog business (Gosh, that sounds a lot like aviation doesn't it?).

What about applying to some airline as a CSR? You have experience. But some airlines have laid off their CSRs.

Just a few ideas. Good luck with your job search.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back