Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does anybody that has flown the ERJ think of it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
easy to fly...handlebars grow on you pretty fast.....needs a little more wingtip and some slats....would make life alot easier at slower speeds.....with that being said ive never flown the XR, which might solve the problem....im only 5'9", so i have no problem with the cramped flight deck....oh yeah i forgot to mention all of this is irrelevant if you are in an MP or an EP, which are both monstrous underpowered pieces of junky weight limited no reverser having fecal waste....

Once you're off the gate the EP is fine. Its getting loaded up and bumping people/bags that's the hassle.

As for the cockpit, I'm about 6'3" and I'm able to put the seat back and stretch out my legs which makes a big difference in comfort on those longer flights. The interior lighting could be better, the overhead light doesn't shine directly on the side chart holder, and the yoke clip is pretty much useless.

Landings are easy, but getting consistent greasers is difficult. The short wing doesn't give at all, and the cockpit in turbulence rides like an old dump truck on a gravel road.

The autopilot....usually works great, but doesn't really like joining the loc 20+ miles out. Gets a lot of the wing rocking stuff trying to hold course.

I know you guys in the ERJ dont do much of this..But what about when it comes to hand flying?? how does it handle??

Make sure you lock the EMGL (Electro Mechanical Gust Lock) upon landing. One swift gust and that controll column will break your fingers.

EP piece of junk

LR flyable

XR the plane it should have been from the start.

I still hate the yoke 2000 hrs later.

Latest resources

Back