Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does anybody that has flown the ERJ think of it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everyone keeps saying how loud it is in the cockpit, I know DCs work in there but will it take my Lightspeed 15 XL that I use for my GA flying and in my turboprop job? It's a typical big, bulky headset but comfy and has decent noise cancelling.

They will work fine. But most of us just use the DC's that are already in the airplane. Some don't like the "clamps" and some are just germ-a-phobs so they use there own.

Okay, thanx, I think I'll use my own for the noise canceling function because it sounds like it'd come in handy in that cockpit. With a lot of transport cat airplanes you can't use the same headsets from GA so that's a relief, it'll save me some money...

So is any other AC under the FAR's.

The airspeed indicator fluctuates "a lot" in the ERJ. My point was that you can not fly 250 "on the nose". Most fly 240 when in the ER-LR-EP's so that you don't get a triple chime master warning message. Everyone in the first 4 rows can hear it. A limitation of 255 or 260 would prevent this. Like I said earlier overspeeds should not be a master warning, an overspeed clacker would be more appropriate.

Also for those of us that fly into Canada on a daily basis, it does make a difference. There is no speed limit in Canada for Departing aircraft. Just an FYI for all those that get an airspeed assignment from ATC greater than 250 during departure in Canada.

Latest resources

Back