Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What does anybody that has flown the ERJ think of it?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
2000+ hours in the LR and its always got me home at the end of the day, at times late due to mx, but safely back on the ground never the less. I have some limited time flying the 700 and thought it flew nice as well, both have their weaknesses and strenghts. I will say that the 145 does have a more managable lav to get in/out of....pretty much all its just semantics between the two. In the end, Id rather be flying a Boeing:pimp:

I know you guys in the ERJ dont do much of this..But what about when it comes to hand flying?? how does it handle??

It is still my favorite to handfly, of the three that I have had the privilege to fly. Very responsive and predictable.

I always wondered why mcpickle (among others) called it a "toilet jet...." Compared to the King Air, 404 or the Citation I flew, it's great. Handle bars aren't that bad and the TCS system (cruise control for an Autopilot) is cool. FADEC makes power mgmt. easy and the cockpit is layed out pretty well, even though it is tighter than snare drum w/ a jumpseater and two full-sized adults at the controls.
\

FADEC in the airplane isn't a true FADEC. Yeah, it prevents alot of issues, but is doesn't really have F-ull A-uthority until you give it ALOT of information.
Handlebars are cool on the take off and climb, totally suck in a strong crosswind on landing. TCS is OK, but you can't trim while TCS'ing like some other planes, stupid.

On another note, flys like crap at slow speed, XR is slightly better. Comfort is not to bad up front, cockpit layout leaves a little to be desired. Why put the Pax O2 switch in such a lousy place with no gaurd switch? Flite case area is way too far back and way too much of a pain in the butt to put in/take out flite case. Cockpit is difficult to get in and out of. Autopilot is crap, both in lateral and vertical modes.

MX reliability (at Xjet) is great. Avionics, although newer than the CRJ are still a little basic. Yeah, it has pretty colors, but lack of a preview mode for setting up the LOC and a no decent symbol generator is lame. Crew closet (145) is cool. Cockpit noise is excessive, and the take off won't exactly thrill you unless you are really really light, or in an XR that is just light.

Like it all matters. Even if you are at the highest paying ERJ operator, the pay is still crap.

Last edited:
the 170's great...lots of room, quiet, great climb rate and you never hear the passengers complain about it being small. just thought i'd add that since it's an erj too.

the 170's great...lots of room, quiet, great climb rate and you never hear the passengers complain about it being small. just thought i'd add that since it's an erj too.
I was going to ask about that. I'm guessing having wing mounted engines makes it look like one of the big boys.
Are there any companies in the U.S. that have new Embraers other than Shuttle America and JetBlue?

Easy to fly, fairly roomy cockpit, FADEC, huge coat closet for crew bags, love the yoke, smart plane.

cockpit seats are horrible, must wear headset, low ceiling in cabin, FD

if that's fairly roomy, i'd hate to see your definition of small. that cockpit is like a sardine can.

I would say after having about 3000hrs in the LR, the things i hated as some have posted , the autopilot sucks as far as tracking a VOR or LOC course, sometimes it was like doing an overhead break when it made a turn to the next waypoint, the APU seems to always break, obviously loud in the cockpit, windows are interchangable with the 120..kinda scary, a ground loving pig when heavy but climbed out fairly well , manual reversion was nice to have, the one thing i always wanted to do was to put streamers and a bell on the handles.

if that's fairly roomy, i'd hate to see your definition of small. that cockpit is like a sardine can.

Not much experience outside commercial aviation huh?

Try a Lear, Citation, Hawker if you want to see small! Compared to those... the ERJ is HUGE!

Latest resources

Back