Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Re: The Eagles

Long Time Gone said:
I took my wife to the Eagles' "Farewell 1" Tour in MCO last month. To anyone who is a fan.........GO. Don't miss it. It was 3 1/2 hours of pure Eagles, including lots of solo from Joe Walsh, Timothy B. Schmit, Don Henley, and Glen Frey. All of the members of the band backed each other up, too, for the others' solo hits.

Yeah i paid a hefty price for the eagles too. I saw em here at FLL bout 3 weeks ago. It was ok i guess, but i don't like horn sections. I guess all bands over 50 include them. Joe Walsh is a character, for sure. I did however, want to puke when all of em started dancing when they played "All she wants to do is dance".
Just play hotel california and be over with it!

Another good show i saw last year: The Strokes. Never seen so many hot girls at a concert...

Sublime
Coldplay
Three Doors Down
Everclear
Cracker (number 1...always)
Live
Dashboard Confessional
Disturbed
Symphonics
Counting Crows
Big Head Todd & The Monsters
No Doubt
Deftones
Linkin Park
Better Than Ezra
AFI
David Gray
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Leo Kottke

When I get nostalgic for my youth...Led Zeppelin, Wishbone Ash, Hendrix, Savoy Brown, The Band, Van Morrison, Allman Brothers Band...

I guess that's a fair sampling, but the list is far too great to list them all here.

Last edited:
I'll listen to about anything (minus Country and Gngsta Rap)

Jazz (Charlie Parker, Dizzie, Mile Davis)
Jane's Addiction (original lineup)
Bad Religion
Black Sabbath
Ramones
Bob Marley
Phish
Medeski, Martin & Wood
Pink Floyd
Led Zep
SRV
Jimi Hendrix
Allman Bros.
Ben Harper

And the list goes on and on....

anything but heavy metal, gangster rap or alternative whatever. Got me one of those MP3 players a little while back. 4-5000 songs and no skipping. I doubt that I have 1000 songs on all my cds'. Amazing!

Found out flying around with almost any song playing is nice. Had some good Johnny Cash ring of fire going yesterday in the Cub. Was also nice flying up the beach listening to Clint Black and the Gulf of Mexico.

and flying around listening to nothing can be good too sometimes.

Late 70's/80's Ska: The Specials&(coventry automatics)
The Selecter
The English Beat
Bad Manners
Madness
The Untouchables

The Jam & Style Council -w-Paul Weller of course.
3-Oclock and too many others to list.

Most of you probably never heard of these bands. I am lost in the past I guess. I still have my scooters and parka too.

John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, James Horner, Hans Zimmer, Bernard Hermann, James Newton Howard, Aaron Copland, Igor Stravinsky...looks like I'm a little out of step with you guys. :D

Typhoon, what's wrong with you?! Music without words is like a book without pictures! ;)

Bluto said:
Music without words is like a book without pictures! ;)
I like Steve Martin's King Tut. Does that help? :D

"Buried with a donkey, heeee's my favorite honkey!"

Latest resources

Back