• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

what do I do with my dog??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have dogs so I know the situation. I would find a home with family or somewhere for a while. Get a solid schedule before you get him back.

You can't count on any schedule from the airlines. Even when you have a schedule, they can extend you.

Being new at an airline is really a single persons game.

You sure you want to get in?? Wait till you get married and have kids. Good luck taking care of them at the regionals.

Thanks for the couple of legit responses, for the rest of you bored lifeless, and really not that funny people out there, go find a girlfriend, if thats possible. Any other real responses of people out there that have found a way to keep their pets and their job, would be greatly appreciated!

I've got 2. I made it work with a combo of a dog door and a pet sitter who was very accommodating to my schedule and affordable(max $25 per day).

Have you considered that you are exceeding your limitations. I realize our culture calls for us to have what we want when we want it... but....

This ties into the two post I've been persisting about both parents working and putting thier kids in daycare, when they really don't need to...

While you have no moral or ethical obligation to your dog, what is the point of having it if you don't have the time to care for it. Is it fair to your dog?

It seems to me, since you asked, that you are trying to have your cake and eat it too. Perhaps you need to make a hard choice and decide what is more important....

Yeah, thanks for the post Rez, I have wandered if it is fair to the dogs (i have 2). i wouldnt want them to sit in a kennel for 5 days a week. The only way I could do it would be if i knew their quality of life would be good while I am gone, just seems too hard to pull off....exactly, I may just not be able to have everything I want, I have to choose or find a more compatible flying job , which is hard coming off a cfi job without many options but the regionals right now..

Doggie Day Care- I have a Jack Ass Russell and I have a couple day care centers which also do boarding. Ask for a monthly rate. I pay 13 dollars a day. Dog plays with other dogs all day then they Board him at night. He comes home tired. I also have late pickups and early shows worked out. Its all called communication. Let them know what you want. Have any more questions send me a private message and I will answer your quesitons.

Oh, just shoot the thing.

If money is no concern, get yourself a house with a yard and install a doggie door and have your neighbors come to feed him/her while you are gone or get pet sitting service; that's what I am doing. It could be tough if money is a concern, consider the f/o pay.
I'm fortunate to be working for a big regional that allows me to proffer while on reserve. I am maximizing my time to stay home.

Unfortunately I am very tight on money, otherwise it wouldnt be a big issue for me. Paying off my loans and FO pay will kill me as it is.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back