what do I do with my dog??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

suswims

Just looking for some advice about what to do with my dog if I go to the regionals. I am single and am having trouble finding any relatives to take him.... Has anyone out there found a way to keep their dog or is the ultimate reality just finding him a new home?

You can keep one if you don't mind doing stand-ups, and can hold them. That way they are only alone for 10-12 hours.

here's what to do...

get rid of the regional job and keep the dog. Its just a life of pain with a carrot that has already been eaten.

9rj9 said:
get rid of the regional job and keep the dog. Its just a life of pain with a carrot that has already been eaten.

That is the best advice you will get on this thread

Keep the dog
The job, you may not realize it yet, but you really don't need or want it...

suswims said:
Just looking for some advice about what to do with my dog if I go to the regionals. I am single and am having trouble finding any relatives to take him.... Has anyone out there found a way to keep their dog or is the ultimate reality just finding him a new home?

Line up as many dog-sitters, kennels, puppy hotels, etc, that you can find. You may have to go with quantity over quality to keep the pooch. You can do it, just have to do a lot of legwork.

In our neighborhood there is a woman who watches dogs for 20/day at her house. We also use a boarding service provided by a local pet store.

It's going to be a lot of work for you but as a dog owner I couldn't imagine giving him up for this job. It's not that it's such a bad job but that you took the responsibility of pet ownership first and imho you should see it through to the end.

good luck!

Keep him, because two or three days before payday you'll be eating his Milk Bones.

Latest resources

Back