Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did Ed Bastain, new NWA CEO, say about MEM? Here it is...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Attention All Posters

Dont worry, no one has ever accused the general of being a smart man.

The only thing he has going is that he will out post you 5 to 1. He thinks that makes him right.

It has been pointed out here again and again that General Lee, as many posts as he has under THAT screen name, posts under a number of other screen names to agree with himself. I would doubt VERY highly that he works for any of the places he claims to work under any of his screen names.
General Lee a/k/a:
737 Pylt
Scoop (on Airline Pilot Central)
very probably TankerClown and ScopeOutRJs,

and most definitely the name
Heavy Set, a screen name that has existed for the sole purpose of backing up General Lee no matter what topic he posts on, from the beginning like his others:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/search.php?searchid=1965188

Whenever you figure out his new screen names, just block them as you go. Like an ignored child, he creates a new one when the current doesn't get attention. Likely he is a flight sim fanboy with too much time on his hands and a stiffie for DL.

Did they really "shut down" the STL hub? Is there a crew base still there? How about transcon flights? How about RJ connections? I think so......sounds like what could happen to MEM and CVG, but there will still be something there. Right now MEM and CVG have about 45-50 mainline flights a day, and the rest are RJs. I would say the RJ guys have more to lose, since they have the majority of flights there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Do some research. Saint Louis prior to the AA take over 30.5 million people, came through in 2000 (passenger traffic)

2006 numbers were less then 15.3 million people for 2006.

A 50% drop.

CVG, DET and or MEM will be ghost towns (2 of the 3 are DOA).

Do some research. Saint Louis prior to the AA take over 30.5 million people, came through in 2000 (passenger traffic)

A 50% drop.

Do some research? STL is still a crew base for AA, and still has transcons. That is ALL I stated. You need to do some research too, and see that CVG has turned into the same thing. We had 200 mainline flights a day, and now have 50. Guess what? Status quo..... I never said CVG or MEM were going to grow into larger hubs than they are now, I just stated they may still be around in some way or another.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Have you even been to STL lately? I fly there all the time. It is a freakin ghost town compared to what it once was.

If you think MEM and CVG are immune from being closed or at the very least gutted you are extremely naive my friend.

Never said that. I just stated STL is still a crew base and has transcons. Where did I say otherwise? I am not naive, you just read it wrong my friend.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Dont worry, no one has ever accused the general of being a smart man.

The only thing he has going is that he will out post you 5 to 1. He thinks that makes him right.

Clippy is getting snippy! I must have struck a nerve. Hey, luckily we are on the same team now. Good times.

Bye Bye--General Lee

A 50% drop.

Why do you think that DTW will be a ghost town? If I could pick 1 NWA Domestic Hub to survive it would be DTW.. I could see CVG and MEM being reduced and/or gone completely.. but definitely not DTW, or really MSP either.

Hi!

DTW has the highest % of the main airline's flights dominating the airport (MSP is #2). The NWA's DTW terminal is ranked, by PAX, the #1 terminal in the world.

The only thing DAL might do in DTW is to make it bigger, and/or add more intntl flying.

cliff
YIP

Why do you think that DTW will be a ghost town? If I could pick 1 NWA Domestic Hub to survive it would be DTW.. I could see CVG and MEM being reduced and/or gone completely.. but definitely not DTW, or really MSP either.

DET will take a direct hit, because of the economy. Read today's WSJ. Chrysler is in talks to sell itself to either GM of Renault/Nissan. GM's market share is it's lowest since the great depression, they say that thay only have enough cash to make it to the end of the year and need access to the gov's $700 billion bailout. Ford stock is selling for $2 a share and they are no better off then the other two.

One of the big three if not two of the big three will not be here this time next year. That is huge for the DET market.

Everyone looks at DET's pax traffic over the past few years with NWA mgt and a thriving economy.

Try and look at it over the next few years with a nations economy in a recession and DET's econmy in a depression and DAL mgt in charge.

DAL mgt is foaming at the mouth to move Asia routes to ATL. Where do you think that they will come from? Look for DAL mgt to use the economy (DET's and the nations) as an excuse to shift the routes.

Still feeling warm and fuzzy about DET's future?

I think George Costanza said it best, "shrinkage"

Keep the fences high and long and then look for an NWA pilot base in ATL

As far as CVG and MEM. With such a close proximity, does anyone other then the General really think that both will remain in their current size? If you were running the airlie would you leave them status quo?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back