Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What did Ed Bastain, new NWA CEO, say about MEM? Here it is...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

"The Memphis hub from Northwest will be "a very important part of our Southeastern strategy," said Delta president Ed Bastian. "When you look at Atlanta here, for Delta, we are constrained. We're out of room on the gates." "Memphis is going to be a great opportunity" for any growth in the region, Bastian said. Delta has committed that no frontline employees will be involuntarily furloughed as a result of the merger and that no hubs will be closed. Additionally, Delta will distribute an equity stake to Delta and Northwest employees shortly after the merger closes. The airline also has implemented a seniority protection policy that ensures that frontline employees of both airlines will be provided seniority protection through a fair-and-equitable process as the companies' workforces are combined"

You gotta love that last line, too. Anyway, looks like MEM will be around for awhile....

Bye Bye--General Lee

It sounds just like American Airlines statements when they bought TWA. “ORD is constrained and we need STL for our third mid-west hub for continued growth of American Airlines.”

Two years later AA shutdown the STL hub.

Good luck, you may need it.

It sounds just like American Airlines statements when they bought TWA. “ORD is constrained and we need STL for our third mid-west hub for continued growth of American Airlines.”

Two years later AA shutdown the STL hub.

Good luck, you may need it.

Did they really "shut down" the STL hub? Is there a crew base still there? How about transcon flights? How about RJ connections? I think so......sounds like what could happen to MEM and CVG, but there will still be something there. Right now MEM and CVG have about 45-50 mainline flights a day, and the rest are RJs. I would say the RJ guys have more to lose, since they have the majority of flights there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Did they really "shut down" the STL hub? Is there a crew base still there? How about transcon flights? How about RJ connections? I think so......sounds like what could happen to MEM and CVG, but there will still be something there. Right now MEM and CVG have about 45-50 mainline flights a day, and the rest are RJs. I would say the RJ guys have more to lose, since they have the majority of flights there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Have you even been to STL lately? I fly there all the time. It is a freakin ghost town compared to what it once was.

If you think MEM and CVG are immune from being closed or at the very least gutted you are extremely naive my friend.

Have you even been to STL lately? I fly there all the time. It is a freakin ghost town compared to what it once was.

If you think MEM and CVG are immune from being closed or at the very least gutted you are extremely naive my friend.

Dont worry, no one has ever accused the general of being a smart man.

The only thing he has going is that he will out post you 5 to 1. He thinks that makes him right.

Dont worry, no one has ever accused the general of being a smart man.

The only thing he has going is that he will out post you 5 to 1. He thinks that makes him right.

Sounds like he has made you mad. Maybe he has been right and you don't like that for some reason. Oh wait, you are a NWA guy. Makes sense now.

Did the General say they were going to be busy hubs? I think he was comparing them to STL, which apparently still has a crew base and some transcontinental flights. Reading the General's post up top, doesn't seem to me that he said anything other than that. Yet, you try to tell him that he is wrong or naive. Did he say they were going to be as strong as they used to be? I don't think so.

Sounds like he has made you mad. Maybe he has been right and you don't like that for some reason. Oh wait, you are a NWA guy. Makes sense now.

I don't have a problem with the General and I am at NWA. Thanks for trying to drive a stake between NWA and Delta tho. We all appreciate it...

I would watch and see what they do with MEM, CVG, and DTW. There is a significant opportunity here.
Remember, vacate CVG, or, MEM and a LLC will set up shop there are cherry pick all of your markets. The infrastructure is there are would be offered at fire sale prices. I think that the New DAL knows this

Latest resources

Back