Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

User546

The Ultimate Show Stopper
I'm curious what kind of hobbies you guys and gals have when you're not flying.

With my current job I tend to have a decent amount of down-time, and its not unusual to sit at home for several days at a time. I'm really getting sick of just sitting around the house not doing anything constructive or interesting.

Help me out guys I'm going crazy here!

Anyone have any good ideas for a hobby?

Let see...golf, adult fun,xbox. What more could you want? oh, drink a lil crown!!

Wasted said:
Noodling!

Noodling, isn't that where you catch huge catfish with your bare hands? Crazy stuff. I'll pass on a 'fishing' trip with you but I'll raise my glass to you!

Let see, golf, but it gets kind of expensive (although you can find a golf course almost anywhere). Significant others tend not to like this one. In fact, I'm considering a divestiture of my golf stuff, so if anyone is interested in purchasing a set of lightly used Cleveland TA5 irons, let me know.

Surfing, but waiting for the waves around here is kind of a pain, and it's about an 1.5 hour drive to the beach. (And this is to say nothing of the water temp, anywhere from 30 to 60 F.) And right now I'm on Dr.'s orders not to surf. Bummer.

Soaring is relatively cheap and a lot of fun, not to mention quite challenging, but it will probably only provide a source of entertainment during the summer months unless you live in an area with a mountain. wave season.

Xbox is a pretty good time waster, but I wouldn't buy one again if I had the chance. There are so many more constructive uses for one's time. Again, if anyone's interested in purchasing said item, I'll cut you a good deal.

Reading is a good hobby because it's cheap, it's constructive, and it doesn't piss people off.

Actually, if you do have all that spare time, you might consider getting some more education. For example, there are some online masters programs out there. Personally I'm not really big on higher education delivered via the computer (there's no substitute for being in the same room with an instructor) but it'd be better than just sitting and staring.

Hope this helps.

-Goose

Last edited:
Flightinfo.com. What the ***k else? ;) TC

Latest resources

Back