• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What Are Your Hobbies? (Need Ideas!!)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hot-rodding an old 1984 Camaro. Its a street car, runs a 7.45 in the 1/8 mile, I drive it everywhere. Unfortunately, I was working on relocating the battery to the back today when I noticed the transmission bellhousing was cracked all the way back to the pump. (Th350)

So needless to say, I need a new transmission. Time to ditch the auto and save up for that 6-speed T56 I've been wanting for years now anyway.

UnstableAviator said:
Unfortunately, I was working on relocating the battery to the back today when I noticed the transmission bellhousing was cracked all the way back to the pump. (Th350)

I'm a fan of the 700R4 (4L60). Lowest first gear of any GM automatic, and the overdrive is great for those long highway drives. Of course, a six-speed would be pretty neat...

surv1 said:
motorcycling (got 2), offshore fishing, computers, guns, my wife

Dang, you sound like me!

Offshore fishing, Motocross (mostly trails now....the track is rough on a mid thirties dude!), Shooting (have not hunted much the last few years but still shoot.) Wood working during the winter months, cabinents, toy chests, dart board case, or whatever else that the wife wants that I think I can build. Golf (poorly, but getting better)

And last but not least......Beer!!!!!!!

I try to fit in a little flying every now and then, I call it work......just to make the neighbors feel better about their job!!!

UnstableAviator said:
So needless to say, I need a new transmission. Time to ditch the auto and save up for that 6-speed T56 I've been wanting for years now anyway.

Having a sports car with an automatic is like having a wife with a....uh....male anatomy part.....they're both just for the freaks. :D

Call me gay, but I love bonsai. I am not into the gay garden stuff but I did make a model motocross track for my dad and a bonsai warhammer 40k "map" for my nephew. And I love F1 I got into it when I was in Europe and Currently Kimi R. is my favortie driver.

cforst513 said:
why is there a test for being a HAM radio operator? what am i missing here?

more importantly, what exactly IS a HAM radio?

Lol, Ham radio has nothing at all to do with meat. Ham radio is a form of communication using two-way radios. There are a number of different bands (frequency ranges) of ham radio. Some are better suited for comunication over short distances and other bands are better suited for communication over long ranges (it is possible to talk to ppl hundreds, even thousands of miles away if you know what you are doing. There are thousands of ham radio operators (a.k.a. hams) all over the world. Its all about meeting other people and providing reliable communication for your comunity. if there were a bad earth quake and the phones went down, important messages could still be transmitted by ham radio. So, yeah, thats basically what ham radio is. in order to use a ham radio you are required to take and pass a test by the FCC (the comunications equivelent of the FAA). the test goes over electrical properties, fcc rules and regs, radio courtesies and procedures, safety etc.

air_chompers said:
Call me gay, but I love bonsai. I am not into the gay garden stuff but I did make a model motocross track for my dad and a bonsai warhammer 40k "map" for my nephew. And I love F1 I got into it when I was in Europe and Currently Kimi R. is my favortie driver.
Call me straight, but I used to build and service machines that folded paper. I wasn't into that gay origami thing, but the dental bibs and C-fold towels turned out fabulous.

Sorry, I couldn't resist...carry on. :D

Dirt Bikes
Street Bikes
Jet Skiis
125 Shifter Karts
Guns
Batting Cages
Lifting Weights
Cycling
Internet
Beach
RC Airplanes

I need more free time.

Between a full-time job as a college professor and flying 400 hours a year, hobby time is hard to come by. I really enjoy cooking, so I make dinner for the family every night that I'm home; it's a useful hobby. I am also training for a triathlon.

Latest resources

Back