Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the projected retirements for SWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General, what's so funny is that you are thrilled that your company is wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars by having to PAY FOR 15 training events....absolutely amazing. You don't get it.

Not a defender of the General per-se, however this is the cost of doing business, is it not? Delta should own the sims, the instructors, etc. Who are "they paying" for the training events? How is it a "waste" even if they did, directly or indirectly?

DAL is an international airline, this moving up to the next cockpit didn't start last week. If you believe wikipedia, it is the world's largest airline. So I think these "training costs" have long ago been factored in as part of doing business.

On another note, I see the new UAL/CAL animal a serious threat to DAL. Would we see a DAL/AA merger? Never say never....

General, what's so funny is that you are thrilled that your company is wasting hundreds of thousands of dollars by having to PAY FOR 15 training events....absolutely amazing. You don't get it.

I'm glad you were able to score a green slip, in the meantime we can drop or pickup as much as we desire. We have some guys that go after it for 130+ trips a month, at more than your hourly rate. To each their own, but we have those options each and every month.

You braging about one green slip trip really falls short, sorry.

There is so much misinformation on his posts, I don't even know where to begin. I'm starting to think that general dooshbag isn't even a DL pilot. He can't be this misinformed.

It maybe the cost of doing business, but it cost money to run those sims and pay all the excessive instruction. Are you telling me that Delta is an efficent airlines with all those fleet types? I don't think so. Just another reason why they lose millions of dollars each and every quarter.

The bottom line says it all.

The only Delta planes in see in ELP say Delta CONNECTION on them.

It maybe the cost of doing business, but it cost money to run those sims and pay all the excessive instruction. Are you telling me that Delta is an efficent airlines with all those fleet types? I don't think so. Just another reason why they lose millions of dollars each and every quarter.

Like I said there's just so much misinformation put out by general dooshbag that I don't even know where to start! You would think that with 13000 posts he would be able to get something right, but I'm beginning to think that she doesn't even work for Delta.
Genital Lee, a "yes" voter,

There is so much misinformation on his posts, I don't even know where to begin. I'm starting to think that general dooshbag isn't even a DL pilot. He can't be this misinformed.

Watch Out! Scope is on a rampage because I caught him not knowing how common bidding works.......He's going NUTS!!!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Incorrect. 2 daily MD88s fly to ELP from ATL. I don't have to fly either of them.

And, Delta now has the ability to put the "right size" airplane on any route they choose. Before the merger, DL's smallest mainline plane was an MD88. Now, DL can choose A319s or DC9s to replace MD88s on certian routes to try to achieve more profits. Heck, they have now replaced CR7s with DC95s on GRR and FNT routes from ATL, which is a good thing! More fleet types can be good and bad for a business, and you obvioulsy can only see the bad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

I'm glad you were able to score a green slip, in the meantime we can drop or pickup as much as we desire. We have some guys that go after it for 130+ trips a month, at more than your hourly rate. To each their own, but we have those options each and every month.

You braging about one green slip trip really falls short, sorry.

As SatPak77 states, it is the cost of doing business. If you want to be a TRULY Worldwide carrier, you can't just have one fleet type. Delta has to try to fit different type planes into different markets, and trying to find the right fit is key. Once you do that, good things can happen. Delta has worldwide needs, and domestic needs too.

And, a greenslip is a good thing, especially is you use qualifiers and get a free double pay trip to somewhere you actually WANT to go. I enjoy my trips and enjoy my job.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Scope out RJ's This message is hidden because Scope out RJ's is on your ignore list.
View Post
post_new.gif
Today, 18:20 Remove user from ignore list
General Lee This message is hidden because General Lee is on your ignore list.

View Post
post_new.gif
Today, 18:24 Remove user from ignore list

View Post
post_new.gif
Today, 18:28 Remove user from ignore list

Not a defender of the General per-se, however this is the cost of doing business, is it not? Delta should own the sims, the instructors, etc. Who are "they paying" for the training events? How is it a "waste" even if they did, directly or indirectly?

DAL is an international airline, this moving up to the next cockpit didn't start last week. If you believe wikipedia, it is the world's largest airline. So I think these "training costs" have long ago been factored in as part of doing business.

On another note, I see the new UAL/CAL animal a serious threat to DAL. Would we see a DAL/AA merger? Never say never....

I don't think AA and DAL together would pass any Gov't scrutiny. Just a guess, but I would think AK and DAL together would again regain the top spot. A codeshare may be ok for now, but if anyone else tries to jump on AK, then maybe it could become more "serious." AK does use DL gates at ATL, MSP, and soon they are moving to term 6 at LAX next to DL. It just seems kinda "cozy."

Bye Bye--General Lee

GL,

I provided the info on retirements. No diversion, I answered the question.

Sundaes are nice but they don't pay the bills at my house and I can't afford to not have the calories. :D Sounds like that is a very big perk to to you...good on ya. We have requested that in our Section 6 opener yet but will pass it along to our folks.

Long overnights don't pay the bills either, closing the door and flying does, something we do a lot of.

I bring up customer service because it has a long term impact on hiring....the better you treat the passengers, the more they will fly that airline and tell their friends about airline when the option is available. The more passengers, the greater revenue, fuller airplanes means capacity can be added which equates to more hiring. Growing from 8% to 16% wasn't because I got hired or that we serve peanuts. There were other low fare carriers out there throughout that time attempting to copy what SWA was doing. I would have thought you would've seen the relationship between customer service and hiring, sorry I didn't make it simplier and clearer for you.

I'll look forward to a more accurate portrayal of the life at SWA in the future unless you simply just want to admit you would rather share false imformation.

Why don't we agree that you're the expert on DAL along with those who work there and those who work at SWA who post on here are the experts on SWA, what do you say? At least that way the lurkers can make an honest assessment in deciding which airline they wish to interview with...i.e. Interview Board (maybe time to change that title Lear;)....hope all is well...tougher to moderator these days with the s--- word being used all the time ).

Cheers GL...have fun on your next international trip...BTW, don't usually share this info but the 3 day I'm on pays nearly $5K at VJA rates...got the lucky phone call and happy to use some of my days off for a good deal like that.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back