Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the best Pranks/Jokes played on fellow Crew/Coworkers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Here's a good example of how not to play practical jokes in the cockpit.

It's a good thing at least one guy had his seatbelt on!

ACCIDENT DETAILS
Date:October 08, 1947
Time:07:55
Operator:American Airlines
Flight #:311
Route:New York City - Dallas - Los Angeles
AC Type:Douglas DC-4
cn / ln:10314/DC45
Aboard:54 (passengers:49 crew:5)
Fatalities:0
Ground:0
Summary:While cruising at 8,000 ft. in clear weather, the aircraft went into steep dive which the co-pilot was able to pull out of at 350 feet from the ground. As a prank, a captain riding in the jump seat, engaged the gust lock in flight. The command pilot, not knowing the gust lock was engaged, rolled the elevator trim tab with no response. When the jump seat captain disengaged the gust lock,the aircraft went into a steep dive, executed part of an outside roll and become inverted. Neither the command nor jump seat captain had seat belts on and they accidentally feathered No. 1, 2 and 4 engines when they hit the controls with their heads. No one realized it at the time but the feathering reduced power and allowed the co-pilot, who was strapped in, to pull out of the dive.

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/1947/1947-42.htm

I once went to a local area airport where no one knew me and took one of those intro rides. I could barely keep a straight face on...

About a week and a half later I flew into that same airport to pick up the charter pax, saw the same instructor, and told him his intro flight jump started my career... We had a good laugh and I bought his drinks following night.

Last edited:
One of my coworkers saw an old FO doing paperwork in a Brasillia cockpit, so he grabs the wingtip and starts shaking it up and down. The FO was bobling around in the cockpit trying to do his paperwork, but didn't think to look outside.
Another time, an FO is walking around his plane and trips on the fueler's bonding wire, two fuelers go simultaneously diving for cover, totally freaked out the FO.

time builder said:
One of my coworkers saw an old FO doing paperwork in a Brasillia cockpit, so he grabs the wingtip and starts shaking it up and down. The FO was bobling around in the cockpit trying to do his paperwork, but didn't think to look outside.
Another time, an FO is walking around his plane and trips on the fueler's bonding wire, two fuelers go simultaneously diving for cover, totally freaked out the FO.

Not prank here... but when i was working the ramp the other day.. I tripped on that damn wire and fell right on my arse.. felt really stupid..
Anyway.. keep them coming.. all hilarious!!

My wife travels with me every once in a while and whe will meet me in a hub city before we go to the overnight city. Sometime I tell her not to let the crew know she is my wife. I will tell the captain that I saw this hot chick looking at me in the terrminal and point her out as she boards the plane. When we get to our destination i will see her in the terminal and bet the crew that I can get her to go th the hotel with us. "Lucky" for me she goes with. Next morning I tell the captain she was great in the sack and watch his expression. It is so funny. I have done this several times and never tell the crew she was my wife.

From a friend of mine, he was a FO on a E145 and another friend was to take the plane next as an FO, so during the last leg he ripped up paper and put it in the air vents to act as confitti, then once they landed he messed up the cockpit with trash and flipping switches. The other friend got on the plane and relized what was up. To get him back he acted like nothing happened, so when he was called and asked if he liked the mess, he said "what mess? there was a problem with that plane and they took it to MX before I had a chance to preflight." I guess he called him back 3 or 4 times freaking out that he was going to get in trouble.

WhenI was about 17 I was riding jump on a freighter for the first time (late into the night). We get up at cruise and the Captain looks back with the mic in his hand and says if anyone calls for us just click this and repeat whatever they say, we are all sacking out. Then he, the F/O, and engineer all put on those sleeping shades and pretended to go to sleep for about 30 seconds. I wish I could have seen my own face, they had a good laugh.

FL420 said:
Borderline criminal and very unprofessional. Aviation doesn't need another enemy.

Someone's never instructed in a part 61 setting.

I used to tell private students rainbows were dangerous to aircraft and resulted in turbulence so violent they have been known to cause structural failure. When I would start introducing navigation instruments I tell them the ADF is the rainbow detector....nothing like turning it on test making the needle turn in circles and freak out because we're too close to a rainbow.....I miss those days.

Almerick07 said:
I used to tell private students rainbows were dangerous to aircraft and resulted in turbulence so violent they have been known to cause structural failure. When I would start introducing navigation instruments I tell them the ADF is the rainbow detector....nothing like turning it on test making the needle turn in circles and freak out because we're too close to a rainbow.....I miss those days.

LOL I might steal that line....its priceless :)

cheers

Latest resources

Back