Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the best Pranks/Jokes played on fellow Crew/Coworkers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PTWOB said:
... made up a fake thermostat and "stuck" it to the wall in the galley. ...

Embraer did pretty much the same thing for real (at least on the old Brasilia). There's a temp controller for the F/A's, with just a few degrees of authority (and IIRC, you can override that via cockpit switch anyway).

The whole thing works on the placebo principle. It's amazing.

The 727 has chart illumination lights located below the eyebrow windows for the Cpatian and FO. The lights are short tubes that look like they could be small telescopes. On night flights, whenever we had a new FA (female) with nice legs and preferably a short skirt, we'd invite her up front to take a look at Venus through the "telescope." To get to "telescope", she had to lean over the Captain or FO, and most had to stretch out on their toes, causing said short skirt to hike up even higher. ;)

God, I miss those days...

BTW, if this gets to my wife, I'll deny everything, admit nothing, and make counter accusations.

When I was a CFI, I had a female student that was very jovial. One rainy night in the pattern she busted out with "Singing in the Rain". I keyed the mike for the entire rendition. After she was completed I realeased the PTT and I could hear the guys in the tower laughing and asking if she did home parties.

When I was a groundpounder for an airline, I got to ride along in the jumpseat for a military charter. After dropping off our load, we were set to head home empty. The F/As pleaded with the Captain to "pull 'er up good so we can slide down the aisle." I remember looking back on departure and seeing the F/As sliding aft. Then the Captain decided he wanted to have fun. So without warning (and as the F/As were sliding rearward) he pushed it over and I saw 2 F/As hit the ceiling. They weren't hurt thankfully, so I laughed until it hurt.

This one is not original, but it sure made me laugh. Coming in for landing after an overnight trip, my fellow aviator in the right seat of our Citation kept nodding off. So I just pulled the power and got that wailing gear warning horn. It sure is amazing how fast people react when they can identify with a certain sound.

421Driver said:
Captain and FO fall asleep on a leg at night. From what I hear, the FE has access to all of the nav/comm and autopilot. FE handles the flight from his bench, talking to ATC and setting the autopilot as necessary. As the flight nears the final destination, FE gets the plane set up on the approach, and on a 2 mile final, taps the captain on the shoulder and tells him to land.

When I was in NROTC in college we could fly space available on military aircraft. One time I hitched a ride home to San Antonio from Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton for Christmas in a C-121, the AF version of the Lockheed Constellation. During the flight I was looking on and chatting with some guys sitting in a booth in the forward cabin playing poker. During the conversation it began to dawn on me that both the Captain and FO were playing poker.

Naturally, I had to ask who was flying. Answer: the FE. I asked if I could go up and keep him company. "Sure, help yourself." I ended up with several hours in the left seat of a Super Connie at night watching the FE and the autopilot operate the flight. Too bad I hadn't started flight training yet.

First leg of the day was a drop off at the KCI cargo ramp at MCI. These guys have all of the appropriate labels for Hazmat in their office. So, we had a ride along with us that day and some how she managed to get a "Flammable Gas" sticker on my a$$. So for the next couple legs as we were on various cargo ramps, I thought wow, people sure are happy and particularly in good spirits this fine day. Well guess everybody was quickly informed of the joke and they apparently did not stop laughing until after we were gone. I was never informed of the joke and only realized what had happened when I changed my cloths about 10 hours later and saw the sticker. Guess I was the butt of that joke.

I heard from a guy I know that flies 20 series Lears for a well known cargo hauler, that it is pretty routine to get the new guy with the same old prank. Goes like, flying along at FL410 and should have started descending about 5 minutes ago. Captain tells the new FO to go to the back to make sure the cargo has not shifted and to check that the straps are still tight. While the FO is heading to the back, the Captain asks for an expedited descent to FL230. He gets it, noses over, hits the speed brakes, and goes to flight idle. Turns around to see the FO pinned to the ceiling for about 2 minutes if done properly.

421Driver said:
Heard this one from a friend who worked at Emery flying Electra.

Captain and FO fall asleep on a leg at night. From what I hear, the FE has access to all of the nav/comm and autopilot. FE handles the flight from his bench, talking to ATC and setting the autopilot as necessary. As the flight nears the final destination, FE gets the plane set up on the approach, and on a 2 mile final, taps the captain on the shoulder and tells him to land.

That's hilarious...but I dunno, gotta say bullsh-t on that one.:laugh:

Around our circles, never ever fall asleep in the back of a plane your friend is flying, unless you have always wanted to see what it's like to be an astronaut.

VNugget said:
Around our circles, never ever fall asleep in the back of a plane your friend is flying, unless you have always wanted to see what it's like to be an astronaut.

Or you want your head slammed against the window ;)

Was just in MEM...These 2 XJ guys have on going practical jokes with eachother... i just learned of this one.

The CA left a letter(write up) in the FO's box...So and so(FO) was displaying un SOP procedures, not following checklist etc....and had a follow up write up from a new female CA saying similar and she stated she felt intimidated(being new) to say anything and quit frankly scared and uncomfortable to fly with the FO. at the bottom please call CP(so and so) at # possible grounds for termination.

So the FO freaks and gets on the horn and calls Union reps and all the legal people he thinks he should call.....and finaly someone who knew about the gag..tells the FO......So he is back on horn and cancels everything.

Several months later...the FO's turn. He waits for the CA to start a trip(3 day) waits till its the leg for the overnight....and removes all the hardware from the CA rolleraboard(exept the pull up handle) so no top handle and no side handle and the wheels....

CA gets to destination overnight....reaches for the handle...no handle...he immediatly does the "F'n rampies".. crawls in the cargo been lookin for the handle...no handle....goes to grab the side handle...no handle....Bing-"Newman" figures out what happend.....the usual F'ns I ll get him....grabs the pull up handle to roll away...SSSCCCRRRAAAAPPP!...no wheels....dough.....
Had to carry that sucker and flight case everywhere he went for 3 days...

And the FO zip tied the parts to the cieling in the crew room....He adventully had to tell the CA to look up.

Sorry guys had to tell that one.

Co-worker and I were winging our way to Redding to Oakland, he was then going to take the plane to Arcata. He wanted some pics from the back of the airplane and crawled over the unusually small load we had that night. He was about half way back and, you guessed it, I pinned him to the roof. He screamed, "let me down" so I olbliged by, you guessed it again, hauled back on the yoke and stuck him on the cargo. He finally made it to the back of the plane, took some pics of me flying then crawled back up to the front unmolested.

When he sat back down and buckled in he turned and said, "I knew you were going to do that but I went back there anyways...it was kinda fun. Don't ever do that again!"

Eric

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back