Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What are the best Pranks/Jokes played on fellow Crew/Coworkers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a similar note as the MadDog/1900 story...

I recall hearing a story about an airline/passenger 727 cutting off a cargo 727 one evening. When the freight dogs complained over the radios, the airline 727 captain made some off handed comment like "What does it matter? Boxes don't care if they're late."

Tower made no comment and cleared the passenger flight for takeoff. Right as the plane accelerated through about 80 knots, the freighter captain keyed the mic, and hit the fire test button, transmitting the fire bell over the radio. The airline crew ended up aborting their takeoff... I guess what goes around comes around...

my father used to have an instructor that used to fall asleep during cross countrys so on one of these slepy days dad thought he would have lil fun so he climed slowly and then pointed the little aerobatic airtourer at the ground at this point the instructor wakes up verry quickly thinking hes done for. pitty they dont make instructors like that any more

crash pad humor

we were all sitting around the crash pas playing poker and drinking. Find out one guy still has 2 hours of reserve duty left for the night. but started drinking anyways tells some other gut to page him tommorow for a round of golf. I over hear his pager # and dial it from my cell phone while we are all drinking and sitting at the poker table. I thenpunch in schedulings # and wait.

3 minutes later notice him grab his pager. look at his watch. grab his drink and finnish it. still he still acts like it nothing. then he get up to grab the phone. I hid it though. He asks where the phone is so I ask him why. he say he doesn't feel good and wants to callsin to work sick. I tell him it was a prank call that I did but he won't beleive me un till every one starts to laugh.

Then he's pissed.

At the time work never called you when you were on the long call.

I

Not crew pranks but some to do as an instructor

I heard this from an instructor at a large school.

Say you are doing an intro flight and you are not in need of more students, and can already tell you don't want to fly with this person. Once up in the air trim the elevator all the way up or down. Hold on to the yoke so the plane does not climb or descend. Have the person grab the yoke and show them how to roll the airplane left then right, pitch up then down. You then let them know you are going to let go.

As the plane suddenly dives or pitches up you grab the controls start screaming, trim the airplane to neutral and head back to the airport never letting go of the controls. Tell them they aren't cut out to be a pilot.

I have heard a similar trick done in a Seneca with a professional football player in the right seat. He had a newfound respect for the power of pilots after trying to keep an untrimmed plane in level flight for a while.

I once told an F/A that La Quinta means "next to Denny's" in
Spanish. She was quite peeved at me the next time we flew together.
Seems she was trying to impress her friends with her mastery of another language...

This is mean, but it is one sure way to tell if you have a good FO or not....right in the flare hit the stick shaker (stall warning test button). The good ones know they are on speed and land. That crappy ones freak out and trash the last 5 feet. Pretty funny.

Cockpit switchboard

I once had a *green* flight attendent that kept calling the cockpit to see how much time we had left to go on the flight. Of course this was extremely annoying, and she had already called a dozen other times about the cabin temperature, complaining passengers, screaming kids, smelly lavs, yada yada. So on the last call, the FO picks up and the FA asks for me. He hands me the interphone and I say "Hello?" She addresses me by my first name and proceeds to ask how much longer its going to be. I interrupted her and said, "hang on let me get him..." Then of course I just kept "transferring" her repetedly to the wrong extension by saying, "Hello? Hang on let me switch you over, you have the wrong number." She bought it hook, line, and sinker.... And gave up :)

RefugePilot said:
Say you are doing an intro flight and you are not in need of more students, and can already tell you don't want to fly with this person. Once up in the air trim the elevator all the way up or down. Hold on to the yoke so the plane does not climb or descend. Have the person grab the yoke and show them how to roll the airplane left then right, pitch up then down. You then let them know you are going to let go.

As the plane suddenly dives or pitches up you grab the controls start screaming, trim the airplane to neutral and head back to the airport never letting go of the controls. Tell them they aren't cut out to be a pilot.

Borderline criminal and very unprofessional. Aviation doesn't need another enemy.

V2pls10 said:
Taking the 727 map light a little further. We'd ask a new F/A to come look through it. Asking her if she could see the planet Venus she would reply no. We'd always laugh and say, "that's funny because the Flight Engineer has a nice view of Uranus.

V2

I heard something similar from my uncle, who retired as a Captain in the late 1960s (may he R.I.P.). He told a similar story about that light on the 727: The pilots would tell FAs "that is the new navigation telescope, we use it to see Uranus."

One night, he said they tried this on a more 'street smart' FA. As soon as they pulled that line on her, he said she turned around, hiked her skirt up, down came the undies and pantyhose and bending over in front of them said, "why don't you use that little LIGHT to get a "better" look!"

Latest resources

Back