What airport has the worst controllers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
freightdoggie said:
Just wondering what your thoughts are on controllers at certain airports. There are some out there that are just terrible, with moving traffic in and out. N8403J, hold short, traffic 10 mile final, a C-152. Then you go into places like DCA and the controllers squeeze you in so tight, it can be scary... I personally think the controllers at CAE are slowww.....

Thoughts ??? :D
Hands down SLC the worst

The good, the bad, and the, well...

FAT has some punitive tower controllers.

VNY has Phil, he is the best. You can't miss his slow confident drawl.

LGB has one guy that's in dire need of anger management therapy. He always sound like he's about to shoot at you through the window.

SoCal Tracon has some great controllers, except when I'm getting slowed to let SkyWest pass me. I don't mind them passing me, as long as they can do it without slowing me down to accomodate them. Or as long as they aren't doing 270+ at 5,000 feet on a downwind to try to get ahead of me.

SAN has 3 women named Karen. Have a blast and say "Hi Karen" just to surprise them, you have about a 3 out of 4 chance of freaking them out.

The guy at SBP, he also used to say "you go now..." instead of "cleared for take-off". I'm sure his phraseology ws corrected by a Ross flight one day.

Las Vegas approach was always very good when I worked there.

I was in SLC this weekend and had excellent handling.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back