What a NO vote means.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you always say Chicken sh!t
ha ha ha ha only because it makes pbr mad.. though if you think about it.. its really stinky and sticky like pbr

I certainly dont blame alpa for it.. i hope it hasnt come across that way... what im saying is alpa didnt do anything there, what could they do here? When I was in groundschool here, a guy in class was having a hard time, they worked and worked with him to get him through, there was 2 others that were just falling apart in the sim... Skywest took the time, spent the money to get these guys through... SkyWest is far superior in this area than any other ive heard of.... without alpa.. I just hope that people are getting all the facts....

I know a guy at MESA who failed his upgrade in the 8 and is still working there. I also know the check airman that failed him.
If you fail an upgrade at Skywest you are out of a job (there are several who have been fired). I'm not sure what facts you are talking about?

I know a guy at MESA who failed his upgrade in the 8 and is still working there. I also know the check airman that failed him.
If you fail an upgrade at Skywest you are out of a job (there are several who have been fired). I'm not sure what facts you are talking about?
its multiple failures.... you have a few chances during upgrade.

jea,

it sounds like you were on probation at mesa, yes?
I have been at skywest for 14 years. it is time for a union. it is a good place to work, but if this drive fails, that will go away. trust me, please, you still have time to vote.

less than 2 years but many friends who i have worked with over 10 years ago are/have been here for 9 years and more... granted i havent been here that long. but i have kept up on what was going on..

Nevets,

what auspac said.

also, you only have your buddy's side of the story. of course there are always two sides, and the company story I'm sure would add to the discussion. I mean, why fire a guy you've spent all that money to train? spite? I'm sure there is more to it, and something compelled them to do it. we need FOs badly, and they're not going to boot someone for nothing.

That's the point. He couldn't even get the courtesy of an explanation. From what my friend told me, I have my suspicions on the probably cause but I'm not going to say it because I don't have anything to back it up.

He passed another 121 training program with flying colors shortly there after so take it for what its worth.

My real point is that if there was a contract, the company would be unable to just NOT call the guy and NOT give him an explanation of the termination without training records being presented at a hearing.

Latest resources

Back