West Coast Charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Job Posting

Any info on the current posting for Lear Captain & Co-Pilot. Since a poster earlier said the owner of the plane hires the crew, any info on pay, schedule, and bennies for this Lear.

And FYI, most jet's salary and benifits are negotiable during interview. Schedules are usually determined annually to meet budgetary needs and constraints. Typically if the aircraft is new to the owner, it means a good ammount of charter in the first year, then dropping off after that. However some aircraft fly constantly.

Thanks

Fully aware money is negotiable, however most companies have a standard they shoot for with new hires. And yes the add on 350. I was in SNA recently and was really impressed with all the guys from your company I spoke with in the lounge. Nice clean airplanes as well.

If one wanted to apply there, was typed and had several hundred hours in the Lear 45, would that help? Or does everyone start in the King Air?

Thanks

I read, or heard somewhere that the typical sched. was 5 on, 2 off.(for the King air side of things).

Any truth to this?

If true, then are you on a pager for the 5 on (can you be at home on pager)?

Off the pager for the 2 off?

What's the response time?

Need to live close to SNA?

How many RONs/month?

How much MEX/CAN per month?

Street Capt on the King Airs?

If not, starting FO pay?

Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for the answers in advance. PM me if you dont want to post here.

I'm from Socal, am looking for a good place to work at for a long time, with decent maintenance, not alot of RONs, decent sched, be based at SNA (I live very close and am sick of commuting), and that 350 looks like alot of fun.

The King Air Captains work a 5 on 2 off schedule with one block of 3 days off per month. You get a blackberry and are on call for 5 days, then off for two days. When you are off, you are off, except for peak periods when you can be called back. This only happens around the holidays and you get extra pay for it. We have a 2 hour pilot callout. You can live anywhere you'd like if you can make it to SNA in two hours, but the pilots with the best quality of life live close. It is a hard commute when your show is at 5am.

The typical pilot here has approx. 10-12 overnights a month, but that changes from month to month. There is no way to accurately predict this. We do a LOT of Mexico flying, and a small ammount of Canadian flying. We are looking for street Captains for the King Airs right now. You can read our requirements on climbto350.com. If you would like to forward a resume directly, you may send your resume to [email protected].

WCC is a good place to work, good schedule for the Captains, a nice family atmosphere, and fun trips. The 350 is a blast to fly, and we do have 4 ProLine 21 glass cockpit 350s. Hope to hear from you soon if you are interested.

The King Air Captains work a 5 on 2 off schedule with one block of 3 days off per month. You get a blackberry and are on call for 5 days, then off for two days. When you are off, you are off, except for peak periods when you can be called back. This only happens around the holidays and you get extra pay for it. We have a 2 hour pilot callout. You can live anywhere you'd like if you can make it to SNA in two hours, but the pilots with the best quality of life live close. It is a hard commute when your show is at 5am.

The typical pilot here has approx. 10-12 overnights a month, but that changes from month to month. There is no way to accurately predict this. We do a LOT of Mexico flying, and a small ammount of Canadian flying. We are looking for street Captains for the King Airs right now. You can read our requirements on climbto350.com. If you would like to forward a resume directly, you may send your resume to [email protected].

WCC is a good place to work, good schedule for the Captains, a nice family atmosphere, and fun trips. The 350 is a blast to fly, and we do have 4 ProLine 21 glass cockpit 350s. Hope to hear from you soon if you are interested.

Are King Air newhire FOs trained on both the ProLine and non-ProLine 21 aircraft or do they start on one fleet or the other? How far East do your King Air trips get?

Can you give some examples of typical "areas" where pilots live that are somewhat affordable within the 2-hr radius? I have a friend who just might fit the bill in this case and he is looking to relocate back to SoCal.

Well as far as FO training goes, all First Officers are trained on the B200 through in-house ground school. We are working on a program to qualify the First Officers in the 350 through SimuFlite or FlightSafety. All Captains and First Officers fly the C90B, B200, and 350 (including ProLine 21) models. Our trips rarely get farther East than Denver. We do a lot of Mexico flying, so its mainly North and South regions rather than East and West.

As far as typical areas that are somewhat affordable, that's an extremely relative term. The guys who live within 30 minutes have the best quality of life. If you'd care to live 1.5 or 2 hours away inland you can find places such as Riverside, Moreno Valley, Ontario, San Bernadino, Bracket and Pomona. Theses are not neighborhoods that I would recommend a friend to however. Typical 1 bedroom apartments in the neighboring areas are running from $1000 to $1250 per month with 2 bedrooms from $1300 to $1700 a month. Hope this helps! :)

Latest resources

Back