• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West Coast Charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't come on here much anymore, but everything that has been said by B350Capt is on the money.

I fly the line, upgraded after 3 months, so still pretty junior, and have been averaging 8-9 RONs a month in the past 3 months. Don't have records prior to that readily available. It's worth pointing out that FO pay is 7-8k more than you can expect at some of the better regionals for 1st year pay - not a good argument, just an observation.

I assume that I'm "someone" at the company, so the "everyone's looking to bail" is a bit of an overstatement. Perhaps the individual meant that it's not a long term career path. An opinion I could sympathize with. On the other hand, there has been a lot of growth over the past year, with at least 4 350s that I can think of that have been added. It's very possible, that given a little patience, and a positive attitude, some of the other pilots might think it worth calling home for a while.

I've had a number of jobs in aviation in the past. This is my first fractional / charter job, but is by far the best job I've had.

Good observation, that pay does beat the regional pay by like 10K actually. But do you actually live in SNA? Last time I was there I kept hearing how expensive it is out there. Well California it self is expensive like heck. How did you manage 29K a year? You're not married I assume? Good luck

Please let me know of a company 135 or regional today where you won't find someone touting that 'everyone' wants to leave. If you claim you can, either they're too new a company, or you lie.

Hiya b350... I don't think you'll hear about people griping or jumping ship at places like Trans-Exec or Avjet for example. But then again, those are about as primo as 135 jobs get.

All in all... WCC is not a bad place if you're starting out in this career. The problem with it is the lack of advancement opportunities i.e. movement into jets i.e. getting paid better.

I used to work there, and I can agree with b350capt that there are some really good and nice people working there, but it is a transient place for most.

Another similar operator in SoCal would be Spirit Aviation in VNY, which is now owned by JetDirect. Now unlike WCC, at Spirit, they have somewhat of a career progression as you'll start in a King Air, move into the right seat of LR60, then either right seat in a G-III or left seat in LR60, and then so on. This is something that WCC cannot do for you as they don't own any jets.

WCC is a good place if you are flying a managed aircraft for a good owner. If you're a straight charter pilot, you'll work a lot, you'll make an OK living though still underpaid. All in all, the flying is great - you'll fly everywhere from Canada on down to Mexico. You'll ski/snowboard one day; you'll be in Cabo having a cerveza the next. It's all what you make of it, but I'd say it's a great way to break into charter/corporate world.

Hmmm...I thought there were 3 pilots a few years ago that jumped shipped from Avjet to go to Toyota? Plus another guy I know left Avjet to go to SWA.

People jump left and right. Jump jump jump.

Good observation, that pay does beat the regional pay by like 10K actually. But do you actually live in SNA?

I don't live in SNA....I live in Costa Mesa, and I'm married, and she doesn't work....

Anyone know if WCC hires contract pilots for the 350's?

Baja, now that you are flying the 737-700 at Alaska, are you missing the venerable B350 already?

I have to admit, I hear great things about that airplane from friends - fun to fly. I imagine the ProLine makes it even nicer...

Hmmm...I thought there were 3 pilots a few years ago that jumped shipped from Avjet to go to Toyota? Plus another guy I know left Avjet to go to SWA.

People jump left and right. Jump jump jump.

Plus another guy left to go to Alaska...and another to UPS...and another to SWA...and the list continues...

Especially prevelent on the smaller airplanes.

"Jump around, jump around, jump around...whoop whoop"

JUMPY!

Where have you been? We've missed ya!

Latest resources

Back