West Coast Charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hgi2006

Anyone have the latest scoop on West Coast Charters out of SNA?
Are they hiring? How's the equipment, etc.? I know they've had a total turn over of CP and DO in the last year; anyone have the inside scoop on that?

Thanks!

HGI,

West Coast Charters is hiring actively for both Captain and First Officer positions. We are experiencing quite a bit of growth lately and are looking for quality pilots. The equipment here is very good, and our maintenance is great. We have our own Part 145 Repair Station performing our maintenance. We a fleet of B200 and 350 aircraft including several ProLine 21 equipped 350's. We offer a good quality of life, good benefits, and family atmosphere.

Our preferred requirements are:

Captains: 2500 TT, 500 Turbine, King Air Experience (BE300 type a plus)
First Officer: 1500 TT, 250 multi-engine, turbine experience

We do work hard here, but its a good place to call home. I've worked for several other 135/Fractional companies and I enjoy it here. As far as the management turnover, we have a great team in place now. You can find out more details on the company as well as the e-mail address to submit your resume at our website www.westcoastcharters.com. PM me if you have further questions.

As far as the management turnover, we have a great team in place now. You can find out more details on the company as well as the e-mail address to submit your resume at our website www.westcoastcharters.com. PM me if you have further questions.

I ran into one of the West Coast Charters 350 crews yesterday in Northern CA. They had nothing good to say about the Chief Pilot. Something about a 3,500 hour weenie. Doesn't sound promising.

They also mentioned "everyone" was looking to move on. Sounds like a typical charter company, I think I'll pass, thanks.

Two questions:

1. What is the starting salary (approx) for newhire FO on the King Air 200/300/350?

2. Do the King Air pilots eventually move up to the jets (Lear 31, Lear 40/45XR, Astra, etc.) or are they expected to sit in the King Airs?

Last edited:
FOs start at $28,000 if i remember right. 4 scheduled days off a month. Expect to fly about 22 days a month and 10+ overnights. Upgrade time to captain is about a year. I haven't seen many King Air guys move up to jets.

Last edited:
28K for SNA area?!?!?!?! Hoooooly Sh*t! Don't get me wrong, i love the SNA area. But I dont want to live on the beach living off peanuts. I think I'll just sit tight. LOL

I ran into one of the West Coast Charters 350 crews yesterday in Northern CA. They had nothing good to say about the Chief Pilot. Something about a 3,500 hour weenie. Doesn't sound promising. "

Well, its sad to see that in today's world, that there can still be such a childish and immature attitude still in existence among adults... Please let me know of a company 135 or regional today where you won't find someone touting that 'everyone' wants to leave. If you claim you can, either they're too new a company, or you lie. It's not the holy grail here by any stretch, but a good place to call home. Of course, I still know a lot of guys at FLOPS that would love to have you join them in their cesspool of misery if you really want to know what poor quality of life is....

The current first officer year one pay is 29,330. Upgrade is still running about a year. Upgrade to the jets is based only on need. We manage the jets, we do not own them. The pilots are hired by the owners of the aircraft, not by West Coast directly. We have had 2 KA pilots upgrade to the jets (Astra and Lear 45) this year. You are not expected to 'sit' in the King Air...you are hired to fly King Airs. If the opportunity presents itself to fly the jet, we do everything we can to promote from within with recommendations to the owners of the jets.

Don't come on here much anymore, but everything that has been said by B350Capt is on the money.

I fly the line, upgraded after 3 months, so still pretty junior, and have been averaging 8-9 RONs a month in the past 3 months. Don't have records prior to that readily available. It's worth pointing out that FO pay is 7-8k more than you can expect at some of the better regionals for 1st year pay - not a good argument, just an observation.

I assume that I'm "someone" at the company, so the "everyone's looking to bail" is a bit of an overstatement. Perhaps the individual meant that it's not a long term career path. An opinion I could sympathize with. On the other hand, there has been a lot of growth over the past year, with at least 4 350s that I can think of that have been added. It's very possible, that given a little patience, and a positive attitude, some of the other pilots might think it worth calling home for a while.

I've had a number of jobs in aviation in the past. This is my first fractional / charter job, but is by far the best job I've had.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back