• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

West Coast Charters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

350.......Can you talk about Captain pay? If we all know what the pay range is then we might know if its worth putting in resume.

Thanks

Captains start at $48,500. Junior captains are on the 5/2 schedule but one of the 2 days off is a "reserve day" which means you have to be available to fly but they pay you $300 if you do fly. Captains are also required to sign a one year training contract for the 350 training. FOs start at $29,330 and they get 4 hard days off a month. During any holiday period (Xmas, New Years, Labor Day, 4th of July, etc...) ALL pilots are required to fly even on hard days off and that period lasts for a week on minor holidays to almost 3 weeks during Christmas/New Years.

Last edited:
What is it with whining pilots? I have read through a good portion of the posts regarding WCC. We all knew what the industry would have in store for us from the time we decided to become commercial pilots. We knew that the money was never going to be that great, but we all kept going, working hard to become commercial pilots anyway. Now here we are complaining about equipment, pay, our futures so on and so on. Guess what everyone, were spoiled. Wait till the industry takes a huge dump and most of us are scrambling around looking for non-flying jobs because flying jobs are too hard to get. Then when you finally take that job at Starbucks because your aviation degree from Embry Riddle is obviously not going to help you,so now you stand there serving coffee to a bunch of yuppies and wish that you had a flying job, even if it paid crap, because crappy money sure beats a crappy job. Always remember that no matter who you go fly for, there will always be unhappiness somewhere amongst the pilot group. I think its just because pilots always think that they deserve better.

What is it with whining pilots? I have read through a good portion of the posts regarding WCC. We all knew what the industry would have in store for us from the time we decided to become commercial pilots. We knew that the money was never going to be that great, but we all kept going, working hard to become commercial pilots anyway. Now here we are complaining about equipment, pay, our futures so on and so on. Guess what everyone, were spoiled. Wait till the industry takes a huge dump and most of us are scrambling around looking for non-flying jobs because flying jobs are too hard to get. Then when you finally take that job at Starbucks because your aviation degree from Embry Riddle is obviously not going to help you,so now you stand there serving coffee to a bunch of yuppies and wish that you had a flying job, even if it paid crap, because crappy money sure beats a crappy job. Always remember that no matter who you go fly for, there will always be unhappiness somewhere amongst the pilot group. I think its just because pilots always think that they deserve better.

We pilots have a lot of time to think about what we don't have...

Hey, how does the King Air 350 perform vs. the 1900D? Are they pretty similar in terms of performance and feel?

The 1900D was a bit slower then the 350. As far as handling, it was a bit more stable, or so it seemed when compared to the 350. The 1900D was a great machine. I miss flying that aircraft.

Latest resources

Back