We're Takin It Back!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The simple fact is this:

ALPA has NEVER been in control, and, given their history, never will. That said, they have nothing to "take back."

ALPA best represents the interests of the OLD highest paid, highest dues paying members and all potential new ones. All of us in between are screwed!

Seems like it's ALL about the money for ALPA

Be careful Coopervane, you are starting to sound like me...... I agree with you, but what are we going to do about it?

You regional guys just don't get it. You cost ALPA far more than you'll ever pay in!!! You hear that giant sucking sound? That's the sound of the regional ALPA carriers sucking all of the dues income from the legacy carriers who actually pay for the ALPA services that you use. If ALPA was "all about the money" as you say, then ALPA would dump every regional airline and only focus on the legacies. There's no money to be made in representing regional pilot groups.

Maybe it's just time for the regionals to leave ALPA.... then everyone will be happy....

I love how you put it.... "You regional guys just don't get it".... No PCL, you and the rest of the ALPA cheerleaders just don't get it..... There shouldn't be "regional" and "major" pilots... there should just be pilots....

Keep lecturing us a little "regional" pilots PCL.... You aren't doing ALPA any favors.....

You of all people... first you paid Gulfstream to sit in the right seat, then you went to PCL which is one of the worst paid regionals, and now you are at AirTran which is having some serious contract issues..... 3 crappy pay companies, 2 of which aren't even ALPA, and you want to lecture us about how "WE don't get it"..... NO YOU nor ALPA GET IT.......

Ahh, it's my old friend Joey. I was wondering where you were. :)

Maybe it's just time for the regionals to leave ALPA.... then everyone will be happy....

No, then no one will be happy. The regionals will continue to devolve into chaos, and the regional pilots will continue to complain that the mainline pilots are trying to screw them over. Guys like you will continue to file lawsuits, etc....

There shouldn't be "regional" and "major" pilots... there should just be pilots....
I agree. Now how do we get there, Joe. I think the upcoming flowthrough agreement at USAir is a good start, along with the Compass/NWA flowthrough, but you don't agree with those programs. What do you suggest? And please don't just launch into another diatribe about how ALPA has screwed you over. We've all heard it before. Let's hear some solutions for a change.

PCL 128, being the good Herndon lap dog that he is, is saying that unions aren't about money.... However the facts don't back that up...

The AFL-CIO is supporting illegal alien amnesty and has filed a lawsuit against the "no match letter law".... you would think that the largest labor union would support laws that stop cheap labor from coming into the US, but they don't.... Why you ask? Because they are potential dues paying members.....

Here are two links...

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines/021700-02.htm

http://www.nilc.org/immsemplymnt/SSA_Related_Info/ssa003.htm

PCL 128, being the good Herndon lap dog that he is, is saying that unions aren't about money.... However the facts don't back that up...

Actually, the facts do back that up. You simply refuse to acknowledge the facts. True or false, Joey: the ASA MEC's budget exceeds the amount of dues revenue that the ASA pilot group sends to the Association. As a former ST, you should know that the answer to that question is a resounding TRUE.

The AFL-CIO is supporting illegal alien amnesty and has filed a lawsuit against the "no match letter law".... you would think that the largest labor union would support laws that stop cheap labor from coming into the US, but they don't.... Why you ask? Because they are potential dues paying members.....

You should do a little bit more reading, Joey. The AFL-CIO is opposed to this law because 70% of the SSA "mismatch" cases are of legal United States citizens and are only caused by clerical errors. There are much better ways to enforce immigration law that don't put legal workers at risk.

Latest resources

Back